WHICH CAREER TO CHOOSE - CA OR ENG
CA & Engineering serves as one of the prominent and prime career paths developed by Indian Education System for a higher and professional efficiency. Below is the overall career evaluation in both the career options and it depends upon the aptitude and capability of the candidate to pursue any of it.
CHARTTERED ACCOUNTANCY (CA)
The Chartered Accountancy course is conducted on a high and well-equipped level by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India situated in New Delhi, India. It is one of the most popular and most preferred professionally acclaimed courses present in India. There are 5 regional branches of ICAI in Calcutta, Kanpur, Chennai, Mumbai and New Delhi.
Following are the considerable points to be kept in mind while pursuing for CA:
- CA can be pursued on a step-by-step basis, which is important to conquer or pass and those are Common Proficiency Test (CPT), Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC), CA Final and Articleship.
- CA is a very practical career to get you in. so, the candidates must think and evaluate the duration and curriculum of the course in accordance with their capability.
- It is very economic, as the fee includes the cost incurred by study materials. For the registration of CPT, Rs. 6700 is required, and for IPPC, Rs. 9000 is required only.
- After completion and training, candidates have to undergo membership program within ICAI so as to start the practice. After the membership, a member cannot be employed or start a business without any specific notice.
- Salary package starts with being an intern earning around Rs. 7500 - Rs. 15000 to CA Final student earning between Rs 12,000 to 30,000 to a proper CA earning between Rs 30,000 to 75,000.
Engineering is one of the most popular and distinguished career streams so launched in India. Mostly the students who opted for Science (PCM) Stream are eligible for opting for this mechanical criterion. Engineering is a constituent of scientific, commercial, social and practically enhanced knowledge applicable to design and invent new structures and improve and walk with the updated technicality. Following are the considerable points to be kept in mind while pursuing for Engineering:
- You should be creative, technically updated, must have a dynamic and resolved personality and must access a strong, grasping power.
- In order to take admission in various engineering courses on graduate (B.E/B.Tech) and post graduate (M.E/M.Tech), one have to appear in several entrance exams or in some cases, will be admitted based on their 10+2 marks.
- There are several branches which offer specialization, such as Aerospace, Agricultural, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer Hardware, Electrical and Electronics, Environmental, Industrial, Materials, Mechanical, Mining and Geological, Nuclear & Petroleum.
- There is a big demand of engineers within the country, so the employment rates are specifically high.
- Job aspects are expected to grow till 2020.
- Engineering courses are pretty costly, and depend on the government or private institutions you are choosing.
- Salary package depends on your qualifications, marks and scores attained.