How to Become IFS Officer
Indian Forest Officer or IFS Officer works in and out so as to protect and project numerous national interests and environmental sectors in collaboration with economic and national stability, and solving domestic as well as globalized issues rapidly. Several steps are included so as to reach the post of an IFS officer, which are as follows:
- In order to pursue a career for IFS Officer, one must be academically qualified in any of a degree affiliated to any Indian or equivalent university. Final year students’ pursuing or waiting for their exams can apply.
- Age limit resides in between 21-30 years of age.
- Candidates must be of Indian nationality so as to apply.
- Aspirant must obtain an application form along with Information brochures from any post offices and must send the filled application to the UPSC house.
- General Studies and other optional subjects mark the total curriculum so as to prepare for the exam.
- Candidates must pass their preliminary exam so as to reach the finals, and then it serves mandatory to appear for the finals too.
- The qualified candidates have to go through the Personal Interview session, in which they will be evaluated on the basis of their personal and intellectual ability and achievements.
- Training for the qualified candidates will be held in Lal Bahadur Shashtri National Academy of Administration, and after the attainment of proper training, the probationers are entitled to join Foreign Service Institute Placed in New Delhi.
- The whole process takes 36 months to complete.
- The process completes with a short training session followed by appointments.