Win your chance to study in US through fellowships
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship is a well-conceived and known concept, and is provided to scholastically commendable Indian students, who aim to follow their master’s degree program in the US through selected colleges, universities and institutions. Some of the subject specifications related to Arts and Culture offered under this fellowship includes:
- Heritage preservation and museum lessons,
- Ecological knowledge and readings,
- Higher education direction,
- Public health,
- Metropolitan and Provincial scheduling
- Gender studies
The mentioned time duration for the fellowship is noted gown to one to two years. Candidates who are known to be confident, possess leadership qualities, and are self-instructive, are highly preferred for the scholarship approval.
Eligibility criteria include:
- A graduate degree equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree, recognized from a reputed Indian university with at an aggregate of 55% marks. A four-year bachelor’s degree or a researched master’s degree is also accessed.
- Professional work experience of around 3-years within the field of their study is relevant. The experience must be showcased through community and leadership service.
- Submission for applications will be conducted via online process till July 1, 2015. Grants under the fellowship involve:
- J-1 visa support
- tuition and fee funding and financial support
- Living costs coverage
Fulbright Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships for Indian scholars who have applied for a PhD at any reputed Indian institution is also open for mentioning and applications. The duration of his fellowship ranges from six to nine months. The Doctoral Research Scholarships are provided to the entrants who have their interests and research specializations within the segments of Agricultural Sciences, Applied Economics, Education Policy and Planning, International Security and Strategic Studies and Public Health Policy and Management.
Application form can be obtained from a USIEF office, and must be duly filled and enclosed under a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 25.00) 10’ × 7’ envelope along with a written application with certain fields stated, such as:
- Academic/professional qualifications
- Date of birth
- Present position
- Fellowship category
After filling up the form and envelope, it should be submitted under the governance of a specified directorial specialist (Vice-Chancellor/Registrar/Director/Principal), to the USIEF office within your region.