Oxford Cambridge Society of India invites scholarship applications.
Oxford Cambridge Society of India invites scholarship applications every year, which provides scholarships for any undergraduate, second graduate, and graduate courses at the illustrious Cambridge and Oxford Universities, UK. These scholarship awards were initiated by the Society about fifty years ago. It is a non- profit alumni organization situated in New Delhi India. There are four scholarships of Rs. 4 lakh each which are given out to eligible candidates.
The other awards offered are as follows
- A scholarship worth one lakh applicable only at Emmanuel College, Cambridge St. Hilda College and Oxford.
- Richard & Lydia Evans Bursary Scholarship offers to an Indian Dalit scholar for a course at Gonville & Caius College, University of Cambridge. This scholarship covers all the tuition and funding for aspirants. One major positive of these scholarship awards offered by OCSI is that they are open to all candidates irrespective of their caste, gender, color, race and disability. As per the Oxford Cambridge Society scholars policy, any close relatives of the Executive Committee of the OCSI will not be considered for the Oxford Cambridge Scholarships. OSCI, the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India, has begun its scholarship award process for 2015-16 for the applicants and important dates are as follows:
- The Scholarship application forms are available: 30 January 2015)
- Last date for submission of application forms: 30 April 2015
- Interviews: Early June 2015 in New Delhi
- Announcement of scholarship awards: July 2015
It is offering Scholarships for admission to the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge in the academic year 2015-2016, as below:-
One scholarship cost INR 400,000 (Rupees Four Lacs only) justifiable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
One scholarship cost INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) justifiable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge
One scholarship cost INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) justifiable only at Fitzwilliam College, University of Cambridge.
One scholarship cost INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) justifiable only at St. Hilda’s College, University of Oxford.
One scholarship cost GBP 1,000 (British Pound One Thousand only) justifiable only to read Economics at the University of Cambridge
To be eligible for the scholarship an applicant:
- Should be a citizen of India and must be resident in India
- Should be not more than 30 years of age on May 1 of the year of application for the Scholarships
- Should be a graduate of an Indian university
Candidate must have applied for and secured admission to study a full time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
How to Apply:
Application forms are available on the official website of the Society by 1 February.
Announcement of Scholarships will be sent to universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the colleges of the two universities, the British Council, and a designated list of Indian colleges by 1 February.
All finalized applications must reach the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India by 30 April.
Shortlisted candidates would be informed by 15 May for Interview. The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the shortlisting and selection process would be the last. The shortlisted candidates will be required to physically attend an interview with the OCSI scholarship committee at a designated venue in New Delhi.