CLAT 2015 on 10th May 2015 – Are you ready?
The entrance exam dates are declared for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). The test will take place on Sunday, 10th May, 2015. The CLAT exam is led by Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar in 2015 and is an entrance exam of national level. CLAT allows admission into law courses, they are five-year integrated undergraduate courses and lead to B.A LL.B, B.Sc. LL.B, BBA LL.B, BSW LL.B, B.Com LL.B (Hons) degrees and a postgraduate course which leads to LL.M degree.
The Eligibility Criteria goes as follows-
For Under- Graduate courses:
- Candidates should have acquired certificates for Higher Secondary School/ Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent from a recognized board with a minimum aggregate of 45% (40% in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Age limit is below 20 years as on 1st July 2014 (22 years in case of SC/ST and PWD candidates).
- Candidates appearing on March/April, 2014 or who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results will be considered eligible to appear. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination during the time of admission and must produce proofs in support of the claim.
- Candidates who fail to submit the result of their qualifying examination, which is the 10+2 examination, will not be provided with any provisional admission.
For Post- Graduate Courses:
- Candidates should have acquired LL.B. degree or a five-year integrated LL.B. degree or any other equivalent degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks for SC and ST category candidates).
- Candidates who have passed the qualifying degree examination through supplementary, compartment or repeat attempts are also considered eligible to appear in the test and take admission. However, such candidate will have to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with 55/50 percent marks, as the situation may be, on the time of their admission or within the timeframe permissible by the respective universities.
- Candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the qualifying degree examination on March/April, 2015 are also considered eligible to appear for the test. Such candidates may produce the final Results of the qualifying examination within the date approved by the respective Universities and will be provided with provisional admission only.