Difference Between Behavioral Sciences And Social Sciences
It is the analysis and investigation of human and animal behavior by the means of:
- Controlled & reliable & naturalistic observation.
- Scientific experimentations.
- Rigorous formulations.
Examples Of Behavioral Sciences Are As Follows:
- Cognitive science
Behavioral sciences are categorized in two parts are:
- Social i.e. Relational Sciences
- Neural i.e. Information Sciences
Information Sciences deal with information of stimuli processing by the way of engaging in decision-making, social perception, social judgment & organism survival in an environment.
Examples Of Information Sciences Are As Follows:
- Neural Network
- Social Cognition
- Semantic networks
- Social neuroscience
- Cognitive sciences
- Social psychology
Relational Sciences deals with Interaction, Communication networks, Associations, Relationships, Attraction between organisms in a social system.
Examples Of Relational Sciences Are As Follows:
- Social networks
- Dynamic network analysis
- Sociological social psychology
- Micro simulation
- Agent-based model
It is one of the major branches of science and a major category of disciplines related to the concerns with society and the connectivity among people within a society. Social sciences also include some fields in the Humanities e.g. Archaeology, History, Linguistics, Anthropology and Law.
Examples Of Social Sciences Are As Follows:
- Political Science
- Geography of human
Social sciences are an integral part of the syllabus of standard 1st to 10th .It is impertinent to learn social sciences to survive in a good way in our life.
The Main Differences Between Behavioral Sciences & Social Sciences Are As Follows:
- People generally think that behavioral sciences and social sciences are one & same thing. But, even though they are interlinked with each other in many aspects yet they differ from each other by the way of their level of analysis of behavior.
- Behavioral Sciences research in-depth data and knowledge to investigate the communication ways and decision-making strategies between individuals in a social system whereas Social sciences works on a framework based on perceptions through structural adjustment of individual and of groups in a social system.
- Behavioral Sciences include Cognitive science, Psychology etc. whereas Social Sciences include Economics, Public health, demography etc.
- There are some subjects of study also e.g. Behavioral Economics & Political Psychology which comes under behavioral sciences although there way of analysis and research data contains most of the aspects of social sciences such as political science & economics.