How To Prepare For Gd
- Very crucial and important criteria for choosing candidates at some business entities.
- The interviewer is strongly influenced by the performance of candidates in the group discussions.
- Your academic scores and records will let you qualify the interview call but your final selection depends mainly on your performance in the last round, which most of the time is a GD.
- In a Group Discussion, the judging panel looks for a candidate with a great combination of skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge comprises an understanding of the topics given in the group discussion & fair awareness about the current affairs.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR GD
- Practice to discuss any topic related to current affairs within a group whether it is of your friends or cousins.
- Keep reading more & more.
- Develop a keen interest to talk freely without hesitation.
- Be confident to express your views and thoughts.
- Be a good listener.
- Practice in front of a mirror to boost your confidence.
- Do not interrupt in-between when other candidate is sharing his/her views during the group discussion.
- Be ready to take stand for your views.
- Avoid biased and stereotyped comments.
- Do not support any propaganda.
SKILLS THAT THE INTERVIEWER & THE RFECRUITERS ARE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- Sense and Reliability.
- Candidates can analyze anything in a proper manner.
- Candidates having good communication skills.
- Candidates having decision-making skills.
- Candidates good in handling stress.
- Team Player.
- Candidates can justify “HOW” & “WHY” about the given topic effectively.
- Candidates having positive attitude.
- Candidates who are good listener.
KEY FACTORS TO KEEP IN MIND DURING A GD:
- Apply the KISS formula i.e. “KEEP IT SHORT AND SIMPLE”.
- Respect what other say.
- Listen with patience.
- Do not interrupt in-between when the other candidate is saying anything.
- Your views must be clear and concise.
- The views you are sharing must be relevant with the topic given in the GD.
- Avoid Biased & Stereotyped comments.
- Do not take favor of any Propaganda.
- Be open-minded.