NIT, Goa Invites Applications for Ph.D. Programs 2015
About National Institutes of Technology, Goa
The National Institute of Technology Goa (NITGoa) is a premier technical Institute of the region. This institute was established in the year 2010 by an act of parliament (NIT act 2007). It is declared as an ‘Institute of National Importance’. This campus is located at Farmagudi, Ponda approx. 29 km southeast of Panaji, India and is a temporary campus. Goa is well connected by rail ways, road ways & air ways with various parts of the country.
The Institute offers under Graduate and Post Graduate courses in 3 Engineering Departments:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering and
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The institute also offers Ph.D in the above mentioned engineering departments. Along with them, the Institute offers Ph.D in the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
SPECIAL FEATURES OF NIT GOA
- It has high quality teachers, good students, excellent infrastructure & pleasant environment.
- It focuses on almost all streams such as Science, Engineering, Humanities & Management.
- It doesn’t compromise in terms of ethics & values.
Applicants are invited by National Institute of Technology (NIT), Goa
For the admission into the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Engineering, Technology, Sciences and Humanities for 2015 session.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NIT, Goa:
- For Ph.D in Humanities and Sciences Program: Candidates should have master’s degree in Sciences or Humanities / M. Tech in the relevant area with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system, or 60% marks in both bachelor’s and master’s levels from recognized Institute or University. (Minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks for SC/ST candidates).
- For Ph.D in Engineering and Technology Program: Candidates should have master’s degree in Engineering or Technology in the relevant discipline with a minimum 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system, or 60% marks in both bachelor’s and master’s levels from a recognized technical Institute or University. (Minimum 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale grading system or 55% marks for SC/ST candidates).
HOW TO APPLY FOR NIT, Goa:
- First of all, candidates have to obtain the application form from the website of the institute.
- Then candidates have to attach a demand draft of Rs. 500/- for General / OBC & Rs. 300/- for SC/ST candidates.
- The DD should be drawn in favour of “Director NIT Goa” payable at Ponda, Goa and should reach, NIT Goa 403401.
Selection Procedure for NIT, Goa:
The admission to Ph.D program will be on the criteria given below:
- Overall academic performance fixed by the institute—70%.
- Interview conducted by the respective department—30%.
- Last date of submission of the application form: Saturday, 30th May, 2015.
- Date of interview: Monday, 15th June, 2015.