GATE 2016: Registration Begins
The online registration for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 has been started from September 1, 2015 and will continue till October 1, 2015. GATE 2016 is to be conducted by The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) for admission in to post graduate engineering programmes.
GATE 2016 is will be held from January 30, 2016 to February 7, 2016. Score card of GATE will be valid for duration of 3 years.
- Candidates who wish to apply for GATE 2016 must have completed their graduation in areas like B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Sc./B.S., M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent, Int. M.E./M.Tech (Post B.Sc.), Int. M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (After Diploma of 10+2), Int. M.Sc./Int. B.S.-M.S. and Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.).
- Candidates pursuing final year of their graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Gate 2016 is a computer based test
- Duration of this test will be 3 hours and question paper will consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks
- Questions in this paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type Questions.
- Candidate will be given a blank paper sheets for rough work
- Computer screen will shut down itself after completion of three hours
Important Dates Regarding GATE 2016:
- Online Application Starts: September 1, 2015
- Last Date of Online Application: October 1, 2015
- Last Date for Change in choice of examination city: November 20, 2015
- Admit Cards Download: December 17, 2015
- GATE 2016 Exam: January 30 – February 7, 2016
- GATE 2016 Results: March 19, 2016