Registrations begin for IIT- Bombay JAM, 2016
Joint Admission Test (JAM) is an All-India admission test conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore, on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development for the admission to integrated PhD Degree Programs at IISc Bangalore. The main objective of JAM is to provide admissions to various M.Sc., M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual-degree and other post-graduate programs to the aspirants. The eligible candidates can apply through the official website (jam.iitm.ac.in) before October 14.
The candidates will have to appear for 7 exams which are as follows:-
- Biological Sciences
- Mathematical Statistics
The test will consist of objective type questions. The paper pattern will have three different types of questions namely, multiple choice questions, multiple select questions and numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
- The candidates must have a graduation degree with minimum 55 per cent (50 percent for SC/ST/OBC category candidates) from a recognized university or institute.
How to apply JAM 2016:
- Go to the official website jam.iitm.ac.in
- Aspiring candidates should register for JOAPS
- Registered candidates should fill the application form by providing all the necessary details registered candidates provide scanned copies of Photograph and signature and click on submit button.
- Download and take a print out for future reference.
- Commencement of online application: September 2, 2015
- Last date to apply: October 14, 2015
- JAM 2016 exam: February 7, 2016
- Declaration of results: March 23, 2016