Applications invited for Ph.D. programs at IIT Bombay
The application process for the admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs, for spring semester of academic session 2015-16, offered in various disciplines by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay has begun.
- Candidates must have a master’s degree in engineering/technology or an equivalent degree.
- Candidates must have scored at least 60% marks or first class (SC/ST candidates must score at least 55%).
- Candidates must have one of the following:
- BE./B.Tech with first class or 60% marks.
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree, with first class of 60% marks (55% for SC/ST), MA/M.Com or equivalent degree with at least of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST), only for admission to Ph.D. programs offered by the industrial.
- GN/OBCNC Male Candidates: INR 300
- Third Gender (T) Candidates: INR 300
- GN/OBCNC Female Candidates: INR 150
- SC/ST Male Candidates: INR 150
- SC/ST Female Candidates: INR 150
- The candidates can apply by visiting the official website.
- The payment of the fee for the application can be made through debit card/ credit card/ SBI Internet Banking/ Online Payment System/ Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘Registrar, IIT Bombay’, payable at Mumbai branch.
- Candidate’s name, application number or GATE registration number and email address must be mentioned on the reverse side of the demand draft.
- A printed copy of the application form must be sent along with the demand draft, if the candidate chooses to make the payment through demand draft.
The last date for the submission of the application forms is October 15, 2015.