IIT Madras: Admissions Open for Ph.D. programme 2016
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras has invited applications for admission to its Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme. Eligible and interested can apply for this Ph.D. programme with specialization in Engineering, Entrepreneurship/Management, Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences for the sessions 2016.
Ph.D. in Science
- Candidates having a master’s degree in science from a recognized university with a valid GATE score or NBHM/INSPIRE/UGC/CSIR NET or equivalent, are eligible to apply.
- Applicant having Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology with good aggregate.
- Candidate having M.Sc. degree with more than 8.0 CGPA in science department of IIT Madras will be admitted directly through an interview at department level to the Ph.D. programme.
Ph.D. in Engineering
- Candidates wish to apply for Ph.D. in Engineering, must have completed their M.E./M.Tech or equivalent from a recognized university with a good academic record.
- Candidate having a master’s degree in science from a recognized university with a valid GATE score or NBHM/INSPIRE/UGC/CSIR NET or equivalent qualification, are eligible to apply.
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Candidates having Master’s degree in a relevant stream with good aggregate and also succeeding in national level examination including CSIR-JRF/ GATE score/UGC - JRF or NET or equivalent qualification, are eligible to apply.
Ph.D. in Management
Candidates having Master’s degree or equivalent degree course in a relevant stream and a bachelor’s degree with good aggregate or five years Master’s degree program/Dual degree programme and succeeding in national level examinations including GATE /UGC/CAT /XAT /MAT /ATMA or CSIR / NET / JRF or international level post graduate entrance examination such as GMAT / GRE or equivalent, are eligible to apply.
Candidates having a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in lieu of the above examination (only for Non-HTRA candidates) are also eligible to apply.
Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of entrance exam and personal interview.
Eligible and interested candidates can apply for this course in online mode through the official website.
Last Date of the online application: October 4, 2015