Nine Maharashtra Universities to Be Upgraded Under RUSA Programme
Under the (RUSA) Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan programme, the Mumbai University and the SNDT University are among the 9 varsities of Maharashtra will receive the block grants of Rs 20 crore each to renovate their infrastructure.
The list of others remaining universities that will get the grants are-
- Savitribai Phule University, Pune
- North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
- Swami Ramanand Tirth University, Nanded
- Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad
- Solapur University, Solapur
To train academic staff, administrative and support staff, the board also has approved Rs 6 crore for setting up an academic staff college in the city.
There are more 5 colleges that would also receive the grants of Rs 2 crore –
- Government College of Education, Aurangabad
- Vasantarao Naik College of Arts and Social Sciences, Nagpur
- Government Institute of Science, Nagpur
- Government Science College, Gadchiroli
- Rajaram College, Kolhapur
An officer said, “The state must report, at least, 75% of expenditure of the grants and submit utilization certificate for the grants,".