IIT Madras to offer Research Scholarships 2016
Applications for Research Scholarships 2016 have been invited by the IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Madras for the students pursuing Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Science (M.S.) programmes (Regular, direct, interdisciplinary, external/part-time) offered in various departments for the Jan-May and July-November sessions.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Candidates must have completed their B.E/B.Tech./M.Sc. or its equivalent with valid GATE or NET score.
- They will get INR 25000 per month for first 2 years and INR 28000 per month up to 3 years
- Candidates who have M.E/M.Tech./MBBS degree or its equivalent qualification will get a stipend of INR 25,000 per month and INR 28,000 per month up to 2 years.
Master of Science (M.S)
Candidates who have Engineering/Management degrees will be eligible to for INR 12,400 per month for 3 years.
- PhD in Sciences –Candidates must have a master’s degree in sciences with valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification
- PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences- Candidates must have a master’s degree in relevant discipline with Valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification
- PhD in Engineering - Candidates must have a master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- M.S Programmes- Candidates must have an associate membership of the professional bodies of their parent discipline. They must have a valid GATE score and must have passed both part-A and part-B of the membership examination.