Procedure: Joint Seat Allocation for IITs, NITs, IIITs & GFTIs
JOSAA, Joint Seat Allocation Authority has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). The management and regulation of joint seat allocation for admissions to 92 institutes including 22 IITs, ISM, 31NITs, 20IITs and other Government funded Technical Institutes is done by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority. Through a single platform admissions to these institutes are done. After the declaration of JEE Main 2016 ranks on June 23 the Joint Seat Allocation for the year 2016 started on June 24. The joint seat allocation process is done on the basis of the JEE Main and JEE Advanced rank of students. From this year onwards students who are unhappy with seat allocation can discontinue admissions after every round. For this the candidates have to keep in mind the following points:
- By reporting at a reporting center before the last round of seat allocation a candidate who has already accepted a seat given by JOSSA 2016 can discontinue the seat.
- Those candidates will not be considered for subsequent rounds of seat allotment who have exercised the discontinue option. Seat acceptance will be paid back to these candidates after taking off the processing charges of Rs 1000/-
- After the announcement of last round of seat allocation there is no choice of discontinue of an accepted /allotted seat.
The candidates have to complete the following two steps for exercising the withdraw option.
- On the JOSAA portal fill-in the Bank Account details to which the seat acceptance shall be given back and upload an image of cancelled cheque of the same account in JPG format. Then the withdrawal request letter has to be downloaded.
- The candidate and his /her parent should report at a reporting center to vacate the seat and also sign the withdrawal request letter.
- Those candidates will not be treated as exercising withdraw option who have completed (1) but not (2) that is not reported at a reporting center.