The?Armed Forces Medical College?(AFMC) establishes to be a principal medically-approved academic institution located in Pune, Maharashtra. Managed and functioned officially by the?Indian Armed Forces since 1945, it initiated many undergraduate and post graduate programs from 1962, and since then, hasn?t looked back. Affiliated by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, this college provides various UG & PG courses in MBBS, Nursing, Super-Specialty courses, Diploma Courses and Paramedical courses in distinctive categories of Medical and Health Sciences in assistance to nursed curriculum and introduced technology with best teaching professionals.
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked no. 3 among medical colleges in India by India Today in 2013.
- Outlook India ranked Armed Forces Medical College, Pune at no. 2 in 2012.
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Spacious lecture halls
- Well-stocked library
- Seminar hall
- Sports facilities
- Blood donation centre
- Blood bank
and much more..
- Gp Capt RM Sharma - HOD, Dept of Anaesthesiology
- Brig Ajay Kumar Sahni - HOD, Dept. of Microbiology
- Brig G R Joshi - HOD, Dept. of Orthopaedics
- Brig V Srinivas - HOD, Dept. of Pathology
and many more..
- Armed Forces Medical College was established in 1948.
- The college is managed by the Indian Armed Forces.
- AFMC has the distinction of being the first medical college set up by the Armed Forces of any country in Asia.
- The institute forms the backbone of high quality professional medical care being provided to the Armed Forces.