Padmashree Dr.D.Y.Patil College of Nursing is a college of nursing that was established in the year 2000. Located in Bhosari, Pune, this college offers excellent training and education in the field of nursing through the programs like BSc. Nursing which is a four year full-time program, MSc Nursing which is a two year full time program offered at PG level and P.B.BSc which is also a two year program. Placement after these courses are really good. Most students get placed into govt. sector and other get opportunities to work in foreign countries like UK, US, Canada etc.
- 50% absorbed in Government Sector
- Abroad - 25% Placed Abroad (US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Qatar, Kuwait, Muscat etc.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Tata Company
- Cipla Foundation
- Birla Hospital
- Hinduja Hospital
- NARI Foundation
- Cancer Hospital
- Jahangir Hospital
- Ruby Hall Clinic
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Adequate space for various student activities. Adequate space for various student activities.
- Well stocked libraries with latest reference books and journals.
- Modern amenities including ladoratories, lecture halls, auditorium and offices as per the Indian Council Norms.
- Facilities for comprehensive nusing care in all specialities in own hospital available.
- Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College is spread over 50 hectares. The college building is a masterpiece of architecture and has all state of the art facilities.
The College has well-planned lecture halls. The desks are well spaced out and halls are airy, well lit and with excellent acoustics. Each hall has the latest audio-visual teaching aids.
The Auditorium is centrally air-conditioned and economically designed chairs with fully equipped with latest audiovisual facilities and sitting capacities upto 250 and are being extensively used for different continuing educational programme and cultural activities. Events like seminars, symposia and guest lectures are held here.
The College has on excellent library facility, total flooring area of 1230 square meter with a provision of special reading room for teaching staff, P.G.students, UG students Journal Section to accommodate over 330 students.
The total collection of central library books is 10,500 and 130 National and International journals. In Nursing library 1886 books and 19 National and International are available. Library is open for 16 hours a day and recruited library staff as per norms. The Central Library has been provided Internet facility and Digital Library facilities and students and faculty have free open excess to these facilities.
- Established in the year 2000
- It is recognized by Government of India and University Grants Commission
- It is a affiliated to Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi and included under the ambit of Dr. D. Y. Patil University, Pimpri, Pune
- This is the only College of Nursing in the Pimpri Chinchwad area, which is the industrial area