Asian College of Journalism is a prestigious institution for the study of journalism in India. Established in the year 2000, this college aims to impart and incorporate skills of a professional journalist in the students. This college is located in Chennai. This college offers a post graduate diploma in Journalism, the duration of which is one year. This college is known for the excellent placements offered to its students. It is ranked among the top mass communication colleges in India. Times of India, The Economic Times, The Hindu and many other companies recruit from students from this institution.
- The College counsels students on placement and assists them by arranging on- and off-campus interviews.
- ACJ graduates are currently working in news organizations throughout India and in some other South Asian countries.
Top Recruiting Companies
Major companies hired students from our institute last year. Few of those have been listed below :
- The Times of India
- The Economic Times
- The Hindu
- The Indian Express
- The New Indian Express
- The Asian Age
- The Telegraph
- The Statesman
- The Hindustan Times
- Frontline, Business Line
- Aaj Tak
- Headlines Today
- Star News
- Sun News
- Vijay Times
- Jeevan TV
- India Vision
- Sify.com, and MoneyControl.com
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 2nd in Media Films & Mass Communication category as per Outlook survey in the year 2008.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Asian College of Journalism provides infrastructure facilities to its students :
- Fully equipped print newsroom
- A new media lab with the latest web-based software packages
- A modern television and radio studio.
- Sreekumar Menon
- Bindu Bhaskar Balaji
- Nishat Ahmed
- Sampath Kumar
- V.K. Raghunathan
- Subhashini Dinesh
- Priya Rajasekar
- Devadas Rajaram
- Ajit Bhaskaran
and many more.....
- Established in 2000
- The Foundation took over by agreement with the parent B. D. Goenka Foundation, which had been functioning successfully for six years in Bangalore.
- Asian College of Journalism was moved to Chennai and its course content was restructured and broadened. The first class graduated in June 2001.
- Asian College of Journalism is a postgraduate college designed to provide students with world-class journalism education adapted to the specific needs of India and other developing countries in Asia.
- It seeks to prepare its graduates to achieve the highest standards in all branches of the profession, keeping in focus the trend and thrust of convergence in the media, and the consequent demands for multiple skills made on the contemporary journalist.
- The ACJ offer scholarships on a merit-cum-means basis to students seeking, and qualifying for, them. The full and partial scholarships cover tuition fees and, in special cases, living expenses.
- SAF-Madanjeet Singh Scholarships