Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering (JNNCE),?located in Shimoga, was traditionalized in 1980 with the help of National Education Society, and through granted affiliation from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and verified from AICTE & Government of Karnataka, it offers different UG (B.E) & PG (MBA) courses in the field of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communications & Computer Science.
- Pre-placement training sessions for second and third year students
- Organizes workshops on personality development
- Conducts comprehensive training on aptitude, soft skills, communication skills, GD and etc
- Institution has signed MOU with TCS, HCL, Wipro Technologies, Keane International and Sri Ram Values
- Organizes Alumni Meet every year
Top Recruiting Companies
- Tech Mahindra
- Jindal Steel
and many more...
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked amongst Top 75 Engineering Colleges of INDIA and 7th in STATE by outlook-MDRA Ranking Survey
- Ranked third under West Coast-Central Zone By Vijaya Karnataka - Nelson Ranking Survey
- Separate hostel for boys and girls is available in the campus
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Internet Facility
- Well-stocked library
- Bank facility
- Post Office
- Co-operative Society
- Transport facility
- Dr. R.Srinivasa Rao Kunte-M.Tech. (Industrial Electronics)Ph.D (Character Recognition)
- H.K.Harish-M.Tech. (Industrial Electronics)
- Dr. Satyanarayana S.V-M.E. (Electronics),Ph.D. (Cryptography)
- Dr. M G Krishnamurthy-M.Com., PGDFM, PGDBA, M.B.A., Ph.D.
- K S Lakshmeesha Kanti-B.E., M.B.A.
- Dr. K S H Rahman-B.Sc., M.B.A., Ph.D.
and many more...
- Established in 1980 by the National Education Society, Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering provides quality technical education
- Lusg green campus spread over 40 acres of land
- Caters to the needs of about 2500 students and 300 staff members
- Various departments offers seven undergraduate courses and six PG courses
- Vision is to be a pace setting institution in technical education and research in producing highly competent manpower to meet the ever changing needs of industry and society