Dhempe College of Arts & Science, Goa University, is a college located in Panaji, Goa, the establishment of which took place in the year 1962. This college offers a B.Sc. Degree in Biotechnology. The duration of this course is three years. The total number of student intakes is 637. Various scholarships are given to meritorious students and students from the weaker sections of the society. Faculty includes teachers with great amount of experience and qualification in the field of teaching.
Dhempe College of Arts & Science was established in June 1962 by Late Padmashri Vasantrao S. Dempo, Late Vaikuntrao S. Dempo, the Late Dayanand Bandodkar and other generous members of the society. Presently Dhempe College of Arts & Science is being managed by the Dempo Charities Trust. The College has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council, Bangalore which has given B+ grading to the college. The main objective of Dhempe College is to provide good quality education to young students so that the acquired knowledge would help them in their overall development. The College has a team of highly qualified and committed staff. The faculty believes in personal attention to the students and hard work. They are therefore very strict in attendance, participation of students in curricular and co-curricular learning activities and in evaluation. Scholarships: These are various scholarships & prizes instituted by our well wishers and the details of these will be announced separately. Nandakumar Chodankar Scholarship of Rs.1500/- per year for a period of three years will be given to two students scoring the highest marks at XII std. Amongst those seeking admission to F.Y.B.Sc. The Students have to give an undertaking that they will opt for Chemistry as the major subject at T.Y.B.Sc. FINANCIAL AND OTHER FACILITIES Government Schemes 1. National Scholarships of Rs.50/- per month available to those standing first/second and third in that order in Goa at the last S.S.C Examination.
2. E.B.C Scholarship: Those candidates, who secure at least 45 percent marks in their annual examination and whose parents annual income does not exceed Rs.4,800/- are eligible for the award of scholarships.
3. Merit Scholarships to Children of secondary school Teachers.
4. (a) Freeships to the children of Service Personnel (Junior Commissioned Officers and other lower rank in the Army and Officer and personnel of the corresponding status in the Air Force and Navy killed or disabled in action.
(b) Freeships to the children of Service Personnel (Junior Commissioned Officers and other lower rank in the Army and Officer and personnel of the corresponding status in the Air Force and Navy killed or disabled in action).
5. Freeships to the children of Political Sufferers.
6. Freeships to the dependents of Iron Ore Mine Workers.
7. Freeships to the children of Armed Forces personnel killed or disabled in December 1971 hostilities.
8. Freeships to the physically handicapped.
9. Freeships to the students belonging to the Schedule Caste/Tribes.
10. Financial help from the Provedoria de Assistencia Publica.
11. Financial help from the University Students Assistance Fund.
12. National Loan Scholarship of Rs.720/- per annum.
13. Financial assistance from U.G.C Students Aid Fund.
14. Sets of text Books from U.G.C. Book Bank
Number of Students: 637