Vivekananda College is a forerunning college in the field of education ever since its establishment in the year 1950. This college has an affiliation from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and Vidyasagar University. The college is known for the special care and attention that it gives to the students from the socially and economically weaker sections of the society. This college has a total of 23 departments like English, Mathematics, Journalism, Film studies and many more.
Job Placement Cell of the Institute arranges various campus Interviews from time to time as per the necessity of various companies.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The facilities provided to the students include:
- Common Rooms
- Outdoor Sports and Games
- College Magazine
- Students' Health Home
- Students' Aid Fund
- Students' Safety Insurance Scheme
- National Service Scheme (N.S.S.)
- National Cadet Corps (N.C.C.)
- Womens' Cell
- Career Counceling Cell
- Research Guidance Cell
- Dr. Tapan Kumar Poddar-M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D
- Dr. Debasis Sengupta-M.Sc., Ph. D.
- Dr. Manindra Nath Pandit-M.Com., L.L.B., M.Phil, Ph. D.
- Dr. Arvind Pan-M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Dr. Ratna Ghosh-M.A.,B.Ed, Ph.D.
- Vivekananda College was established in the year 1950.
- The institute was initially known as Barisha College. The institute was first housed in Barisha High School and later shifted to its newly built premises close to the school compound in 1953. T
- Has an extensive campus area of about 6.17 acres of land where the buildings are constructed with Capital Grants received from the Rehabilitation Ministry, Government of India.