SAE Institute, Chennai (SAE in short, previously called the?School of Audio Engineering?and then?SAE Technology College) was traditionalized in 1976, by engineer/producer Tom Misner, with only one objective in mind of imparting certified, logical and theoretical knowledge to students. With its headquarter residing in Oxford, United Kingdom, SAE maintains a cobweb of networks all around the world, and offers a globalized education in the field of Audio engineering, 3D Animation,?Multimedia,?Graphic Design,?Game Design, Digital Filmmaking, and?Music?Production.
- The School of Audio Engineering (SAE) was established in October 1976 by engineer/producer Tom Misner.
- With its Headquarter at Oxford, United Kingdom, SAE today has a worldwide network of over 50 colleges.
- Over the years SAEians have made their mark by working on award winning films and albums, acclaimed animation projects throughout the global entertainment industry.
- Since 2000 SAE India has been operated by Access Atlantech.
SAE has its acreditations from:
Indian-All Diploma and Degree courses offered at SAE are associated to Dibrugarh University. It is a UGC recognized university and a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
International-SAE is accredited globally by Middlesex University, London for offering Degree, Post Graduate and Doctoral Programs in Audio, Film and Multimedia Studies. The US department of Education and Governments of US, UK, Asian and Australia recognize all the courses provided by SAE.
- The institute has an active Training and Placement cell which places its students in variou organisations
Top Recruiting Companies
- Big FM
- Black Magic
- Fever 104
- Frame Flow
- FX Factory
- Media City
- National Science Center
- Paprikaas Thompson
- Prasad Group
- Real Image Media Technologies
- Radio Mirchi
- Star News
- Star TV
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
SAE has a state-of-the-art infrastructure with:
- Analog recording suite
- Digital recording studio based on ICON, O2R, Mackie and TASCAM
- MIDI Stations based on Protools, Logic & Nuendo mastering studio
Animation & Gaming
- AV Sync Studios based on AVID and FCP
- Mac and PC Stations
- Panasonic 102A,XLIS
- DSR Decks for recording
- Shoot Floor
- Outdoor Shooting Equipment
- Post Production suite for film mix
- Film Recording Room
- PC stations with 3D Max, Maya and Soft Image
- PC Stations with Adobe & Macromedia Tools
- 2D Stations with Toon Boom
- Wacom tablets for character design and animation
- Art Lab
- Compositing station with Combustion
- Mac with FCP
- Large Screen Post Production Suite
- X Box, Play stations and Wii Drome
- Classroom with practical stations
- Video conferencing Labs
- Library with books, magazines and research material
- Games Drome