Established in 1915, The Women's Christian College was ventured to provide equivalent high-class education to the deserving sex of the society. This college aims at successfully providing prolific undergraduate and post graduate courses in Liberal Arts, Science, and Commerce, IT, Computer Science and other vocational courses. Being a government-assisted minority institution at present, it gained autonomy since 1982, but is still affiliated with the?University of Madras.
- Separate career guidance cell
- Organize seminars and guidance workshops
- 100% placement assistance
Top Recruiting Companies
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- GE Capital International Services
- Global Services
- Hewlett Packard
- Infosys Technologies Limited
- ITC Limited
- Tech mahindra
- Rajarajeshwari hotels
- Saaraa Medical Solutions
- Taj Group of Companies
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Wipro Technologies
and many more..
- The institute provides hostel facilities for students.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Spacious classrooms
- Computer Science Lab
- Physics Lab
- Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology Lab
- Home Science Lab
- Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology Lab
- Well-stocked library
- Indian Overseas Bank
- College chapel
and much more..
- Dr. Ridling Margaret Waller - M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Dr. Jannet Jeyasingh - M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Ms. Margaret Alexander - M.Com., M.Phil.
- Women's Christian College was established in 1915 as a joint venture of 12 missionary societies from England and USA.
- With the tremendous progress achieved through the years the College planned for autonomy and was granted the same by the University Grants Commission.
- Mission of the institute is to provide a complete, meaningful and relevant education to women so that they are intellectually well-trained, morally upright, socially aware and spiritually inspired.