Government College of Engineering and Technology is a very prestigious engineering college widely acknowledged for imparting quality education. It was established in the year of 1944 under All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and got its affiliation by University of Jammu. The college is spread over an area of 869 acres. The college is bagged with all the modern facilities and updated technologies. The college aims at imbibing technical skills in their students to prepare them as skilled professionals.
- The goal of Training & Placement Cell is to Provide employment opportunities and world class training to GCET Students in Leading Organizations.
- Encourages visits to the industries by the college students
- To achieve its goal, the Training & Placement Cell works towards recognizing the core competencies of students.
- It works through a close knot organization and has a structure which conveys information to the students at the fastest possible rate.
- The Training & Placement Cell firmly believes in 'Industry-Institute Interaction'
Top Recruiting Companies
- HINDUSTAN CONSTRUCTION CO.
- TATA TELE SERVICES
- SATYAM COMPUTERS, HYDERABAD
- TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
- PUNJ LLOYD, DELHI
- MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA
- MOBERA SYSTEMS CHANDIGARH
- ZTE BANGALORE
- POWER GRID CORPORATION OF INDIA
- CANON, GURGAON
- MAYTAS BOMBAY
- SIMPLEX INFRASTRURCTURES
and many more...
Has a well maintained Boys Hostel
- Established in 1994
- Aims to build a vibrant, multicultural, learning environment founded on value based academic principle wherein all involved should contribute effectively, efficiently and responsibly to the nation and global community.
- Nine Academic Departments are involved in the Teaching/Training work from 1st to 8th Semesters i.e. Five concerned Engineering Departments and Four Applied Sciences Departments of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Humanities & Social Sciences.