DAV College, Chandigarh was embedded in 1958, with a strong unison with Punjab University, Chandigarh, and practical association with the intimates of DAV institutions, originated by Mahatma Hans Raj. This college has been supervised by Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, and post graduate and diploma courses in the fields of Applied Sciences, Business Administration, Computer Applications, Humanities, I.T., Commerce, English, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Maths, Zoology, Psychology, Public Administration and Sociology.
- The institute has an active Training and Placement cell
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Well stocked library with more than 72,568 (Bar-coded)neatly bound volumes with subscriptions to 15 regional and national newspapers, 111 magazines and periodicals.
- Hi-tech Computer lab
- Medical facility
- Sports and other recreation facility
- Dr. K N Kaul Principal
- Prof. Baldev Sachdeva Vice Principal
- Amardeep Gupta HoD,BE,M Tech
- H S Walia Ho D, MA, M.Phil, D.Stat, PED
- DAV College Amritsar is a premier educational institution of North India with high academic standing and a reputation for excellence in research and teaching by offering various graduate and post graduate courses in n the area of computers, IT, Commerce and Management, Relevant administrative offices, library and lab remain open deep in the evening to students.
- A gateway to academic and professional excellence, this multi-faculty, postgraduate (co-ed) College is famous for providing cutting edges to academic and co-academics skills through its commitment to innovative and student-friendly intiiatives.
- The college has created an inimitable academic space for itself with in nearly five decades of its monumental existence.
- Mission is to offer a wide range of higher education in tune with the needs of industry, business and administration leavened by strong commitment to excellence and creativity in teaching and learning which is responsive to regional, national and international needs and aspirations
- Vision is to make our motherland an intellectually formidable power-house by creating a cadre of motivated and prospective individuals who become catalysts of change through education which is value and need-based, which is technologically driven, collectively--constructed and dialogically explored, which is globally relevant and yet essentially rooted in the matrix of Indian philosophy and its holistic world-view of vasudheva katumbkam