Picasso Animation College is a reputed college in the field of animation and multimedia, and was conventionalized by Picasso Digital Media (Pvt. Ltd). It works extensively for the welfare of creative minds by highlighting the enormous imaginative aspects along with enhancement of technical skills on international standards. Much like its name, it provides professionalized education in this sector, and offers UG (B.Sc.) & PG (M.Sc.) courses in Multimedia and design along with many diploma and short-term courses.
Mr. Veerendra Patil - Mentor
Mr. Patil is the co-founder of Xentrix Studios and an Ex - Creative Director of Paprikaas Interactive services (known as Technicolor) and which is one of the leading Animation Studios in India and USA.
He has strong work association with clients such as PIXAR, Nick, Disney, DreamWorks, EA, THQ among various others. He is also the co-director for the Marvel Ride Movie (Stereoscopic) which is to be screened at Madame Tussads, London. At Picasso, he will be involved in bringing the studio production experience to the college to bridge the gap between education and production. Setting up and designing Specialized Master Classes for students to polish their skills in a particular discipline, which would greatly enable students to have a very strong portfolio when they need to join the industry. Mrs. Savitha Shivakumar, Director- Academics
Mrs. Savitha holds a Bachelors degree in computer science & engineering. She has a little over a decade of experience in the Education industry in content management, quality control and technical writing. She has worked with Edurite technologies (now a part of Pearson group) as Consultant for content development, validation and enhancement. She has also worked with Value Point Knowledge Works as Quality Analyst and with Terradune Sciences Pvt. Ltd. as Technical writer.
In Picasso she is looking into Academics which includes - Effective delivery of academic courses and maintenance of academic standards; Revising future course and program offerings; performance management and professional development of staff; strategy& resource planning. Qualification: 1. Diploma in Fine Arts 2. Diploma in Interior Design from Academy of Fine Arts , Kolkata 3. Diploma in Animation.
Mr. Chayan Hazra : Senior Lecturer-Art & Design
Expertise/Specialization: Creative Art and 2D Animation
Work Experience: 7 years.
Companies worked with: Centre of Gravity & other Animation Institutes as faculty.
Projects/Achievements: Cosmic DJ (National project), POPAYE COMIC STRIP and VOTE INDIA.
Cosmic DJ Internationals Award from SS Music and Best Creative background & Animation award - short movie Cycle. Qualification:
Mr. Sachin Khankhoje: Senior Lecturer - Art &Design, 3D and CG
- Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Fine Arts from M S University, Baroda
- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Character Animation, Vancouver
C G Specialist, 3D Animation
: 11 years
Companies worked with:
Prana Animation Studios Pvt. Ltd & Crest Animation Studio. Projects/Achievements
: Kuchi Kuchi Hota Hai - the Hindi 3D animated feature film of Karan Johars Dharma Production. Tinker BellA - the Disney fairy series of the Walt Disney Pictures. Tortoise vs. HareA , Goldilocks, The 3 Bears Showthe Unstable Fables series the DVD project of The Weinsteins production. Word WorldS an animation series, Jakers-2 The Adventures of Piggley Winks of Mike Young Production and Arthur's Missing Pala a DVD project. Qualification:
1. Advanced Diploma in Multimedia from Vijayawada. 2. Electronics & Telecommunication from AMIETE (Associated member in electronics and telecommunication engineering), New Delhi
Mr. Y. D. Pavan Kumar: Lecturer-Generalist Expertise/Specialization:
Modeling and Texturing Work Experience
: 7 years Companies worked with
: Digitalslate Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., Panchajanya technologies, Candela software (freelance), Sky work studios (freelance), U.D.School of animation and Panel animation studio, RVML. Projects/Achievements
: Has worked on various projects like World War 2 Ps3 game, GPS (Global positioning system), Architectural walk through, Stereo 3d animation movies, Hollywood movies and TV series, Corporate Presentations. Etc Qualification:
1. Masters in Computer Application from Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University, Vijayawada 2. Diploma in Computer Animation Mr. Lingaraju N: Lecturer-VFX & Gaming
VFX, Dynamics & Programming Work Experience
: 5 years Companies worked with
: Aakash Films and Packetware India Pvt Ltd. Projects/Achievements
: Has worked on various projects like Wonder Champ- a 3D animated movie and Teleprocess- a software project. Qualification:
1. B.E., In Computers from Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli 2. PG Diploma in Animation Mr. K. Janarthanan: Lecturer-Animation Expertise/Specialization:
3D Character Animation Work Experience
: 7.5 years Companies worked with
: GEnFx Studios-Chennai., Mayabhimbam Media Works-Chennai., Tata Elxsi (VCL)-Mumbai/Bangalore., Sparky Animation-Singapore. Projects/Achievements
: Has worked on few of the remarkable projects like Roadside Romeo under Disney/Yashraj films Production, Daytime Emmy Nominated Jim Hensons "Dinosaur Train", Dreamworks "Dragons: Riders of Berk". Qualification:
Mr. Vinod Shahapure: Associate Lecturer- Art & Design Expertise/Specialization:
- MVA from Bangalore University
- BFA from Gulbarga University
Sketching, Painting, Print Making, Sculptures.
: 8 years(Professional Artist) Companies worked with
: GIIS School, Freelance Art Work Projects/Achievements
: has won several painting awards which includeslalit kala academy research artist award from Delhi, kala mahotsawa painting award in 2007, 2008,2009, Kala Mela 2008 in kalagram, Bangalore, Ujjainy art contest - Gold Medal for painting and many more. Qualification:
Mr. Praveen C K: Associate Lecturer - CG and Multimedia
- MSC in Multimedia & Animation , Punjab Technical University
- BSC in Computer Technology from Anna University, Chennai
3D Animation & Multimedia Technologies Work Experience
: 6 months Companies worked with
: Tata Elxsi Projects/Achievements
: Has worked on worked in the Project named Everything Rosie
in Tata Elxsi Qualification:
1. Bachelor of Commerce from Bangalore University 2. Certification in Art of Photography from Bangalore School of Photography. 3. Project training from world renowned photographers Jaggi and Anand sharan Mr. Rajshekhar R.H- Photography
nterior & Exteriors, Still Life, Industrial Products, Fashion, Jewellery etc.
: 10 years Projects/Achievements:
G7 Laptop, Artha property-Times Group, " The Country Club, The Ramanashree Hotels " Alice Jewellery, Nikhar jewellery, Koovs Online shopping, Art of Jewellery magazine, Sovan jewelers, JKS jewelers,6 avenue hotel, Radha regent, Mayer hotel, Shilton group hotel, etc Qualification:
1. Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS), Rajiv Gandhi University of Health and Sciences.
Picasso is an initiative of Maharishi Group. In Bangalore it is promoted by PECS Pvt. Ltd and is serving students since 2009.The vision of PECS is to provide High quality creative education to a student which enhances personal and professional career values of every student.
In Picasso Bangalore we constantly strive to build practical values and help students demonstrate how to apply their creative skills to produce an internationally accepted piece of work. Each and every candidate is handpicked and nurtured during the training process by clearly understanding their underlying strengths and background. Every student is carefully monitored by a systematic approach and a customized evaluation process to identify their area of specialization.
With its thirst to teach students to develop a school of thought by IMMERSION, they are constantly seeking to work with new and revolutionizing concepts by seamlessly integrating with production houses. They have Industry specialists visiting them to talk to the students and help the students constantly raise their bars of performance.
Labs are well equipped with apt facilities to deliver quality training sessions. The technical and support staffs are well trained to guide them appropriately in every situation. Stem of Culture comes from tested, proven and constantly improving education processes executed for long time. With more and more students passing out of the college with true pride to the best of the studios or successfully exploring entrepreneurship, the processes stands as a testimony in serving right fit to industry.
The Faith is rational and they respect every individuals faith equally and they do not discriminate based on sex, caste or creed. They stand alongside physically and mentally challenged individuals and do the best to uplift them at par with everyone.
- Partnered and Learning centre of Punjab Technical University (UGC -AICTE- DEC recognized)
- 100% placement assistance.
- After the successful completion of the program students are offered with on Campus and off Campus Test and Interview.
- Placement Cell having industry association for Internships and campus interviews.
- Students are offered with Internship during their final semesters/ Course Completion (Subject to Selection by Prospective Employers.
- Studios such as XENTRIX, TATA ELXSI, DUMADO GAMES, DIGITAL JUICE, RHYTHM & HUES, etc recognise the students of our college as future prospects for employment due to standards maintained by the college.
Top Recruiting Companies
Some of the top recruitning companies are as follows:
- Xentrix Studios,
- TATA ELXSI,
- Dumadu Games,
- Digital Juice,
- Rhythm & Hues Studios,
- Crest Animation,
- Big Animation,
- DQ entertainment,
- Turtle Animation,
- Prana Studios,
- Toonz Animation,
- Magnum Opus,
- Laughing Lion Animation,
- Top Chalks,
- Color Chips,
- Extra Marks,
- Game shastra,
- Brand idea and many more International companies are setting up Studios in India
Rankings & Awards
- "Award for Teaching Excellence 2013"
- Awarded as the Best Animation College for the Years 2010 and 2011
- Excellence Award from ASIFA India for Best 3D Film
- Winner of Super Pitch Award by NASSCOM, 2007
- Winner of Award from DIGICON Animation Film Festival, 2007
- Winner of Best Modeler of the year award by Crest Animation Studios, 2007
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Dedicated systems for every student during their college hours. 5 Digital labs, 2 Art studios, Photography studio/Green screen for practical and projects with audio visual aids and projection equipment, air-conditioned class rooms, Digital library and Broadband internet connectivity.
Apart from infrastructural facilities, the college also offers other teaching and academic facilities like:
- Personality development workshops.
- Structured and focused training in Communication skills.
- Student participation in international film festivals.
- Pre-Interview Preparation for better Job Prospects by industry experts.
- Mentorship programs on Specialization from respective professionals having exposure in international Projects