- Accredited by NAAC with B Grade.
- Highly qualified & experienced teaching faculty
- Rich Computerized Library with E-library facility, Language laboratory, Silent Zoneet
- Campus is organized
- Off campus placements are also provided
Top Recruiting Companies
- Glaxo Pharmaceutical
- Baxter Pharmaceuticals
- Micro Labs
- Watson Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Bombay Bioresearch
- British Biologicals
- Agio Pharma
- Cipla Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
and many more...
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- The college has adequate and optimum infrastructure engaging students in their academic pursuits.
- The college has also conducive ambiance for study and research. The college building includes fully equipped undergraduate and postgraduate research laboratories, spacious and sufficient number of lecture halls equipped with LCD projectors, computer laboratory with internet facility, spacious and enriched library with additional modern facilities like language laboratory, e-library and audiovisual room, individual faculty cabins with dedicated PC and internet connection, administrative office, student area and seminar hall.
- An aseptic room, neuropharmacology laboratory, of industrial standards, central instrumentation laboratory equipped with sophisticated equipments and air conditioned conference hall are the major hallmarks of the infrastructure.
- The College has provided a separate computer laboratory with an Internet and Wi-Fi facilities. The students access national and international journals and other data available on internet.
- Progressive Education Society?s Modern College of Pharmacy has been established in 1998. The society was founded by the great visionary, renouned educationist and social reformer, Late Prof. Shankarraoji Kanitkar and his co-workers in 1934.
- The uniqueness of this society is that it is founded by teachers and run by teachers who are highly committed and devoted for the cause of the community and social transformation.
- This management is also committed to impart quality education in pharmacy to develop a pool of talented, devoted, pragmatic and skilled workforce to meet the evolving standards of profesionalism in the current competitive world, contributing to the intellectual wealth of the nation.
- The college is situated in the industrial hub of Pimpri-Chinchwad area catering to the needs of this region.
- The college is approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi (AICTE), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Maharashtra.
- The college is approved by University Grants Commision (UGC) under Section 2 (f) & 12 (B) of the UGC act, 1956. The college is also permanently affiliated to University of Pune.
The college is running Undergraduate course- B. Pharm. since 1998. The current intake capacity is 60. Post graduate courses:
The college is running 4 Post Graduate courses.
- M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry This course is run by college since 2008. The current intake capacity is 10.
- M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutics This course is run by college since 2009. The current intake capacity is 24. M. Pharm. in Pharmacology This course is run by college since 2010. The current intake capacity is 18.
- M. Pharm. in Quality Assurance Techniques This course is run by the college since 2011. The current intake capacity is 24.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D. programme): The college has been approved by University of Pune as research center to conduct Ph.D. course since 2012-13. The college has been approved to run Ph. D. programme for 2 subjects as:
- Ph. D. in Pharmaceutics Ph. D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Nulife Pharmaceuticals
- Centaur Pharmaceuticals
- YCM Hospital, Pimpri, Pune
- VM Edulife
- Modern College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Pune
- The faculty members of the college are competent, qualified, devoted and committed for the all-round grooming of learners. Furthermore, four faculty members are Ph.D and 15 faculty members are pursuing Ph.D. Most of the faculty members are recognized as Post Graduate teachers by the University of Pune.
- The faculty members are recognized guides of University of Pune for postgraduate courses. The faculty members with Ph. D. have been recognized as guides for doctoral research in various universities.
- The postgraduate research laboratories of the college are equipped with sophisticated modern equipments which cater to the needs of quality research. The college has received research grants from All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) New Delhi for up-gradation of laboratories and facilities.
- The college has received a grant of Rs. 13 lakhs under Modernization of Departments & Removal of Obsolescence (MODROB) and Rs. 7 lakhs under Research Promotion Scheme (RPS). The college has received Rs. 28 lakhs from Board of College and University Development (BCUD) of University of Pune, Pune for research projects.