The Oxford Dental College and Hospital enjoys the rare distinction of being one of the most sought after and best equipped dental colleges in India and Asia. It is housed in a spacious 8-storey integrated complex with a floor space of 2,85,000 sq. ft., which incorporates complete facilities for pre-clinical and clinical training. The college is rec
- An ultra modern hostel within the campus of the college takes care of cofortable stay during the student's learning days. There is a choice from studio apartments to triple occupancy rooms with facilities like internet in each room. A hi-tech hygienic kitchen, serves delicious multi cuisine food. In-campus staff quarters, makes faculty available almost round the clock and gives the feeling of a complete residential education institute.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Sophisticated labs including the Dissection Hall
- Histology Lab
- Biochemistry, and Physiology labs
- High-end KAVO chairs from Germany
- State-of-the-art casting equipment
- Phantom heads and other pre-clinical work units.
- Extra curricular activities in the form of both indoor / outdoor and cultural activities are encouraged.
- A Caution Deposit prescribed by the Management is required to be paid at the time of admission. This deposit is intended to compensate for damage or loss of the Institution's property by the student. The amount shall be refunded after deductions, if any, at the time of issue of the Degree Certificate to the student.
- The Oxford Institutions have their own fleet of buses for the benefit of students.
- An excellent library having volumes covering from basics to advance concepts in the area of dental science is at the disposal of the students.The library also houses an IT centre, with Internet facilities and audio-visual resources. Facilities in the library include MEDLINE Service, Photocopies on request, Video Library services, circulation of Books & Journals, Bibliographic on request and binding. The library boasts of international journals and a stock of 10-years' back volumes for the same. This forms amazing referral material for serious research & dental studies.
- A professional course such as dentistry calls for the maintenance of high standards of teaching. This has been the 'focus area' at the Oxford Dental College. The college has to its credit teaching faculty drawn from the cream of dental specialists with high academic qualifications, vast professional experience, and a genuine love for teaching. Over 100-member faculty takes care of the 15 departments at the college. Each Departmental Head has over a decade of teaching experience and almost equally experienced are the other Professors, Readers and Lecturers.
The Oxford Dental College and Hospital enjoys the rare distinction of being one of the most sought after and best equipped dental colleges in India and Asia. It is housed in a spacious 8-storey integrated complex with a floor space of 2,85,000 sq. ft., which incorporates complete facilities for pre-clinical and clinical training. The college is recognised by the Govt. of Karnataka and the Dental Council of India. The college is affiliated to The Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
To familiarise students with their work environment and enable development of practical skills, the college is equipped with the most modern infrastructure. This includes high-end KAVO chairs from Germany, state-of-the-art casting equipment, Phantom heads and other pre-clinical work units. Understanding the necessity of having the finest facilities for students, the college has already invested an enormous 400 Million rupees on its infrastucture and treats about 250 patients free of any charge each day.At The Oxford Dental College, the management is commited to the policy of regular upgradation of equipment and other facilities keeping the changing needs of time in mind.
- Dentistry today promises a bright future. Even more important than the cosmetic value of the teeth is the direct relationship of one's dental health with the general health of a person. Food is the fuel that drives the human body and proper utilization of the nutrients begins with the process of mastication and ingestion. As such, the importance of dentistry as a medical science cannot possibly be downplayed. Today, Dentistry is a coveted career offering excellent prospects keeping pace with the advances being made in dental sciences.