Dyal Singh College was discovered through the willingness of Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia in Lahore, and started functioning as an Evening college in Delhi in the year 1958, making it the first Evening classified college functioning under the aegis of University of Delhi. It became a co-educational institution in 1994-95, and has experienced tremendous changes in terms of academics, Teaching techniques, curriculum, infrastructure and management. The college offer Bachelor of Commerce (Hons./Program), B.A (Hons., Vocational & Program) in English & Pol. Science, and proposes to teach most ancient and beautiful languages such as Sanskrit, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and Tamil with best-incurred curriculum and teaching aids.
Established in 1959, Dyal Singh College is a foremost college of Delhi. Initially it was managed by Dyal Singh College Trust. Later in 1978, Delhi University took over its control, which retained its supremacy in the field of governance. Located at Lodi Road, New Delhi-110 003, the campus is situated in close proximity to exquisite locales like Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Stadium, Safdarjung Tomb, Humayun Tomb, India Habitat Centre, India International Centre, CGO Complex and many other institutions both international and national importance.
Dyal Singh College has undergone renovation both in terms of quality and quantity. With the increasing number of students in the passing years, development in amenities and miscellaneous facilities for the students has made the College earn recognition for its educational and co-curricular activities. It has an excellent infrastructure including large lecture theatres, state-of-the art laboratories with internet facilities and also wide expanding lawns and playing fields. The library of Dyal Singh College has a huge collection of more than eighty thousand books and also subscribes to a multitude of periodicals and journals.