Affiliated to Bharathiar University, Sri GVG Visalakshi College for Women was established in the year 1952, and determines being one of the oldest academic stream-lined institutions with a powerful background and course deliverance modules. The college has maintained its re-accredited at 'A' Grade CGPA of 3.53 by NAAC and proposes to offer UGC recognized curriculum for women and provide appropriate value based education with both practical and theoretical approach. This is an ISO 9001 - 2008 certified institution, and offer UG & PG level degree courses within the departments comprising of Commerce, Humanities, Computer Sciences, Linguistics, Applied Sciences and Maths.
- Full-fledged training and placement cell
- Assists in arranging pre-placement talks, written tests, group discussions, personal interviews, soft skill training and technical seminars
- Invites industry professionals to interact with students
- In the year 2012-2013 around 500 students were placed.
Top Recruiting Companies
Following are the top recruiting companies:
- Yogam BPO
- Point Perfect
and many more....
- Well-furnished in-campus girls' hostel is available
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Infrastructure facilities constitute:
- A well-equipped laboratory facility
- Digital photography Lab
- Auditorium/seminar complex
- Automated Library
- Girls' hostels
- Bank ATM
- Transport facilities for students
- Waste management facility
Following are the faulty members:
- B.Uma Maheshwari MBA, M.Phil.
- V.Lavanya M.Com
- P.L.Amirtham MBA, PGDCA
- Ms.J.Nithya B.Com (CA), MBA
- R.Usha Rani MBA, M.Phil.
and many more...
- Established in 1952
- Autonomous college
- First Women's College in Coimbatore District
- Mission is to empower the students through Women making education.
- To offer value-based education synthesizing arts, science and spirituality.
- To provide education for life and living.
- Curriculum consists of Classroom activity, Seminars, Workshops, guest Lectures, visiting Professors, spoken English, Extension activities, Social work, NSS, NCC, Physical education, Leisure time activities and Exhibitions.