C. C. Sheth College Of Commerce, Ahmedabad, was incorporated in 1969 under the title of Navgujarat Vanijya Mahavidyalaya, and aims at taking progressive steps and advances in the genre of Commerce and Law. The college performed re-christening in 1995 as a sister concern. The college functions under the supervision of Vidya Bhavan Trust and is affiliated with Gujarat University, Ahmedabad. The college offers full time degree courses within the window of Commerce and Management, and prescribes essential infrastructure and syllabus so as to provide standard courses and education.
City Commerce College affiliated to Gujarat University, was founded in 1966. The college was given its present name, C.U. Shah City Commerce College on the name of the donar Shri Chimanlal Ujamshibhai Shah in 1970. The college is managed and governed by Gujarat Law Society. GLS was established in 1927, founded by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and other luminaries as Shri Ganesh Mavlanker, Sheth Shri Kasturbhai Lalbhai and Shri Indravadan M. Nanavati. Our present Chairperson is Shri Deepakbhai Navneetlal, our Secretary Shri Sudhirbhai Nanavati and the Executive Director is Prin. Shri N.R. Shah.
GLS is having more than 37 educational institutes and provides education in Arts, Commerce, Law, Management Courses, Computer Courses, Educational Courses and has schools from KG to Higher Secondary. The Library of the college, a seat where many a learned scholars are made, enables the students to have contact with their subjects and understanding global scenario. The college provides the right kind of atmosphere