Incorporated in 2002, Law College Dehradun has climbed mountains to reach the zenith, has contributed its best to pursue best educational qualifications in the stream of Law. Our reputed past and gloriously lit future has made us capable enough to impart best education along with industrial exposure and machinery, and offer various Undergraduate Integrated Courses (5-Y Term) such as BA.LLB, BBA.LLB, Undergraduate Courses (3-Y Term) such as LL.B & Post graduate courses such as LL.M with specialized professionals from the very stream at your assistance.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Conferred BEST INFRASTRUCTURE AWARD-2013.
- Highest number of study programs offered.
- Hi-tech University Campus: Wi-Fi infrastructure, spacious lecture halls fitted with LCD projectors, state-of-the-art laboratories, centralized and digital library, series of computer center, seminar halls and auditorium. More than 300 faculty members from well-known universities and institutes, with many years of experience in academics and industry.
- Specifically designed curriculum relevant to industry needs.
- Law College Dehradun commands the enviable position of being in the league of top most Law Colleges of the country. The college has earned many laurels to its credit.
- It has pioneered the 5-years BA.LL.B. integrated under graduate course in northern region of India, it is the first independent Law College and the first college in the state of Uttarakhand to get Bar Council of Indias approval to run LL.M. degree course.
- Law College Dehradun has a glorious past and promising future prospects.
- A large number of its alumni occupy distinguished positions in the legal professions in the country and abroad.
- The students of Law College Dehradun have been consecutively scoring top most positions in the university examinations and securing Gold Medals.
- The alumni of Law College Dehradun have cracked the All India Judicial Services and the State Judicial Services examinations.Law College Dehradun was founded in the year 2002 with the aim of providing quality education in law.
- His Excellency Mr. Surjeet Singh Barnala the then Governor of Uttarakhand inaugurated the college in a graceful ceremony. Mr. Barnala hoped that the College will live up to the expectation of the students-community, parents and the society at large.
- In a decade of its glorious history Law College has achieved many miles stones. A faculty with unmatched caliber and experience coupled with state-of-the-art infrastructure go a long way to ensure that the products of this college stand out as beacons of knowledge in the society.
- Uttaranchal Institute of Technology (UIT) established in 2006
- Uttaranchal Institute of Management (UIM) established in 2006
All the three institutes, UIT, UIM and LCD are the faculties of Uttaranchal University.
- More than 250 faculty members from well-known law schools and universities, with many years of experience in academics and legal practices.
- 90% of the faculty with doctorate degrees in relevant discipline.
- Average teaching experience of faculty 10 years.
Law College Dehradun Students Excell
Mamta Pant of LL.B 3-years course of the 2008-2011 batch bagged the Gold Medal by securing the topmost position in the H.N.B. Garhwal University.
According to the just released merit list of the H.N.B. Garhwal University, Mamta secured 1st position and six other students of the Law College Dehradun secured positions among the top ten merit holders.
|Name ||Position |
|Eliza Gupta ||3rd Position |
|Iram Hasan ||5th Position |
|Neelam Sinha ||7th Position |
|MunMun ||8th Position |
|Nabrass Mehdi Zaidi ||9th Position |
|Priyambada Singh ||10th Position |
- Law College Dehradun integrates class room learning with practical learning and believe that real life situations of legal arena can be known only when the students equip themselves fully with the practical knowledge of law.
- Legal education through class room learning and moot court participation stimulates the learning zeal of students. The Moot Court sessions encourage the development of skills in brief writing and oral advocacy.
- The Moot Court is practiced in different stages like analysis of the facts of a case to arrive at legal points, to understand decided cases in light of a case presented in the Moot court, preparation of the plaint, written statement, drafting written and oral arguments and conduct of the participants with opponent counselors and the bench