Gandhi Engineering College (GEC) was set up in 2006 within the grandeur city of Bhubaneswar, and earned the authorization from AICTE with organized affiliation from BPUT. It explains a motto of conveying efficient technical schooling, and offers challenging atmosphere for students to carve out their brightness. Its main aim lies in rendering creative educational purposes by offering UG (B.Tech) & PG (M.Tech) sequencers in the categories of engineering such as Civil, Computer Sciences, Electrical, Automobile, Metallurgical, mechanical and Electronics and Telecommunications, along with specializations in Business Management (MBA) and Computer Sciences (MCA) as well.
- Separate cell has been established with one full time staff incharge for placement Corporate recruitment data update.Guide students to approach companies.
- Feedback from employers of past batches.Alumni networking.
- Organizes training sessions on soft skill development.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Vedanta Alumina Ltd.
- Cap Gemini
- Capital IQ
- Smart Infosys.net
- SYNTEL Technology
- J.K. Paper Mills
- L&T Infotech
- Wipro Infotech
- Pacific Pipes
- Infotech Enterprises
- Net Profit
- RAVE Technologies
and many more..
IN CAMPUS HOSTELS 1100 seats, providing every modern amenities that a student needs within the cost structure.
- Ragging Free Environment
- TV Room
- Reading Room
- Library till Midnight
- Health GYM
- 24*7 Wi-Fi
- Saturday Evening Entertainment
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
IN CAMPUS FACILITY :
- 100% Infrastructure The quality of Infrastructure is better than any college with 15 years of existence.
- University Results Unparalleled example. GEC was established during 2006. In the 1st semester exams itself, it snatched the that 1st & 7th rank of BPUT. The same kind of performance has been achieved consistently every year.
- PACKED WITH ACADEMIC Co- Curricular and extra-curricular activities, which keeps the students active throughout the year.
- ATTRACTIVE STUDENTS CENTRE with shopping arcade, saloon, beauty parlour, laundry, ATM, restaurant, ice cream parlour, bakery, gymnasium, music club, indoor games, etc.
- A PICTURESQUE campus coming up after the present renovation, good garden fountain, lawns, auditoriums, A/C library and reading room with access to best of e-journals.
- Transport Facility plying on pre-scheduled timings with a fleet of Ten Institution buses.
- 24*7 Ambulance facility in Campus.
Sports & Extracurricular
- Medical Service
- Ambulance Facility 24 hrs
- SBI ATM
- Ice Cream Parlour
- Ladies & Gents Parlour
Separate playing arena for cricket, football, basketball, Volley ball, badminton, and athletics have been made available in the GEC campus.
- Gandhi Engineering College (GEC) is situated in the City of Temples, Bhubaneswar. Established in the year 2006, with the approval of AICTE and affiliation from BPUT, the college is committed to impart quality technical education.
- It has a mission to expand human knowledge and benefit the society through research integrated with education.
- Strives to investigate most challenging, fundamental problems in technology and science in a singularly collegial, inter disciplinary atmosphere, while educating students to become creatively contributing members of the society.
- The faculty of GEC has all along played a significant role in the growth and development of the institute.
- In addition to the academic engagement and class room transactions all of them ensure that the policies and regulation of the institute are effectively implemented for the overall development.
- GEC envisage placement of our products i.e., the students passing out at right time and right place. Keeping this broader objective in view, placement cell of GEC is confident of finding ample and appropriate opportunities for its students.
- The college provides Reprographic, Printing, Banking, Post Office, Counseling & Guidance, Language Laboratory, Medical, Internet and Transport Facilities to the Students, Faculties and Staff members.
- Oracle University- Workforce Development Program
- IBM- Software of Excellence
- Infosys- Campus Connect
- Wipro- Applying Thought with Mission 10X
The institute is the part of this distinctive Infosys academia-industry initiative for last four years. Infosys launched this unique program in May 2004, with the aim of evolving a model with engineering colleges in India to build a vibrant talent pool which is IT industry ready. We have been declared as the premier institute by Infosys. We are currently running 18th batch of Infosys Rollout program.
IBM Academic initiative ranked us among top 30 premier engineering institutes in India. We are the first Tivoli Centre of Excellence launched by IBM in Northern India. We have got the maximum number of projects selected in TGMC conducted by IBM for the last 3 years all over Rajasthan. We have been recognized as a Great Performing College in TGMC. We also have arranged the highest number of workshops for the upcoming IBM technologies (DB2, RAD, TIVOLI etc.) by company experts.
Beyond the Syllabus
- The hallmark of a GEC is the collaboration between dedicated students and distinguished faculty that goes beyond the classroom and into meaningful work and innovative research.
- The institute is executing NPTel (National Programme for technology Enhanced learning) The main objective of NPTEL program is to enhance the quality of engineering education in the country by developing curriculum based video and web courses. These resources are developed by IITs and IISc and funded by MHRD.
- Students are also encouraged for extra certifications such as RAD, DB2, RHCE, TIVOLI, Rollout, Soft skills etc. and examinations which enhances the profile of the student except the degree.
- We have also opened ISTE and IEEE students chapters which provides us :
- Members access to eBooks, journals, and research papers.
- Online membership directory connects members worldwide.
- In conjunction with Microsoft, IEEE offers a wide selection of development software to student members