- International associations and industry linkages
- Runs the most successful technology business incubator in the country
- Recognised & one of the most preferred institutes in the country owing to its placements
- Ranked 10th in 'Indias Best B-Schools'(overall ranking) by Business World
- Highest package offered was 23.36 Lakhs per annum
Shailesh J Mehta School of Management has separate and acive and placement cell which organises:
- Pre-placement talks
- In campus Interview
The placement stats of 2014 are as follows:
- No. of students - 114
- No. of participating companies - 68
- Highest Salary - Rs 23.36 Lakhs
- Average Salary - Rs 14.26 Lakhs
Top Recruiting Companies
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Goldman Sachs
and many more..
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 3rd in 'Internationally known Top b-schools in India' survey conducted by Eduniversal (4 palmes) in 2012
- Ranked 11th in 'Most Preferred B-Schools in India' (overall) by Pagalguy in 2012
- Ranked 16th in 'Top Management Schools' by Outlook
- Ranked 18th in 'India's Best B-Schools' by Business Today
- Ranked 8th under "Top B-Schools of India" by CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey 2011
- Ranked 4th in 'Internationally known Top b-schools in India' survey conducted by Eduniversal in 2011
- Ranked 6th in "Asian B-school Rankings" by MBA Pursuit
- The School has hostel facility in place.
- The hostels have a reading room, a TV room, a gym and a computer room.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The school is housed in IIT Bombay campus, which is spread over 530 acres and is a small township in itself. The infrastructure details are as follows: Academic:
- Administrative Building and Lecture Halls A/C classrooms and seminar rooms with a U shaped design equipped with audio visual aids & internet connectivity.
- SJMSOM Library SJMSOM's library has more than 6638 books, 337 Audio Visual Material (CDs and Audio cassettes), 514 Thesis & Dissertation, 55 MDP reports. Students also have access to the Institute Central Library of IIT Bombay.
- Auditorium The building has 150-seat auditorium. SJMSOM also has access to three large auditoriums within the campus - The Convocation hall, P C Saxena Lecture Theatre (A/C Hall that can seat 250 people), and KReSIT Auditorium
- Computing facilities - IIT Bombay has a Wifi network that connects all academic buildings, faculty residences and student hostels. The School is a member of the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Academic Alliance, through which students and faculty have access to a complete range of Microsoft products. Industry-standard application software is available.
- Prof. Anand Patwardhan - Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University
- Prof. Arti D. Kalro - Ph.D., IIT Madras
- Prof. Ashish Pandey - Fellow, MDI Gurgaon
- Prof. Atanu Ghosh - Ph.D.(IIT Bombay), M.Tech.(IIT Delhi), PGDM (IIM Ahmedabad)
- IIT Bombay established its management school in 1995 with an objective of transforming professionals with technological background to "Renaissance Leaders" of tomorrow.
- In the year 2000, the school was renamed as Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), in honour of Dr. Shailesh J Mehta, a distinguished alumnus of IIT Bombay and a generous contributor to the school.
- The school of management leads the way in preparing graduates to respond to the new challenges in businesses, by drawing on the varied intellectual resources of IIT Bombay and providing an outstanding and innovative programme in management education.
- Vision: To excel in creation, dissemination, and application of management knowledge.
- Mission: To nurture intellectual capital by leveraging on research, teaching, consultancy and collaborations within the IIT Bombay eco-system and beyond.
- Values: Integrity, Academic Freedom, Excellence, Care for Society and Environment.
The School has linkages with the following instituitions globally:
- Kellogg Graduate School of Management
- University of Connecticut
- Hoseo University
- BaaN Institute
- Ganesh Natrajan - President, Nasscom, CEO/MD, Zensar
- Hasit Joshipura - MD, GSK Pharma
- Dr. Kamal Sharma - CEO, Lupin Pooja Sehgal Marketing Head, Impetus
- Kaustubh Kulkarni - VP, JP Morgan Chase (India)
- Dr. Mukti Khaire - Assistant Professor, Harvard Business School
- Sudarshan Bajoria - Director, ICICI Ventures Dr. Raj Hirwani Head, URDIP