- Institute of national importance
- First B-school within the IIT system
- Ranked 346 in the QS World University Rankings of 2013
- Highest package offered 20.03 Lakhs per annum
- Qualified faculty from reputed Universities
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Conducive learning environment
- Strong alumni network
Vinod Gupta School of Management (IIT Kharagpur) has separate and active placement wich provide 100% placement assistance.
Total Number of students participating in placement process- 102
Number of Companies Visited- 47
Number of Offers made- 109
Highest Salaries Offered-18 Lakh per annum
Average Salaries Offered- 11.20 Lakh per annum
Top Recruiting Companies
and many more....
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked 58 in the QS Asian University Rankings of 2013
- Ranked in the 351-400 range by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2013-14.
- Ranked 439 in the University Ranking by Academic Performance
- Ranked 3 by India Today in 2013
- Ranked 2 by Outlook India in 2013
- ranked 4 in the Mint Government Colleges survey of 2009
- Vinod Gupta School of Management (IIT Kharagpur) provide 20 halls of residence for both boys and girls.
- 16 hostel for boys and 4 for girls
- All rooms are provided with internet facilities.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Computing Facilities
- VGSOM Library
- Sports and Recreation
- Health and Miscellaneous
- Postal services
and many more...
- Prof. Anand Teltumbde-MBA (IIM Ahmedabad), Ph.D (Mumbai University)
- Prof. Aradhna Malik-M.Sc. (Panjab University), Ph.D. (University of Denver, USA)
- Prof. Arun Kumar Misra-M. Phil. and Ph.D. (IIT Mumbai)
- Prof. Ashutosh Sarkar-B.E. (Guwahati Univ.), M.Tech., Ph.D. (IIT Kharagpur)
- Prof. Biplab Datta-B. Arch. (IIT Kharagpur), M.B.E.M., Ph.D. (IIT Delhi)
- Prof. Chandra Shekhar Mishra-M.Com., Ph.D. (Utkal University)
and many more....
- Established in 1993.
- It was established with an aim to develop managers with a strong technological background who will be leading tomorrows corporate behemoths on the path of advancement.
- Mission is to develop outstanding management professionals and future CEOs who will lead organizations especially in technology-driven and knowledge-based industries, for the service of the nation and the community.
- Vision is to develop as a centre of excellence in management education and research catering to the needs of organizations in different sectors of the economy with special emphasis on technology driven and knowledge based industries that are characterized by high degrees of globalization, dynamism, complexity and innovation.