- MBA programme at Heritage Business School is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) w.e.f 27/08/2013
- AICTE approved and recognized by MHRD Govt. of India
- Unique teaching methodology
- Excellent Placement record
- State of the art facilities with Wi-Fi
- Offers placement assistance to students and scholarship
- Experienced Faculty
Heritage Business School has a dedicated training and placement cell for conducting various value added programmes. It not only aims at enhancing the knowledge and skills of students but also make them more employable and presentable to the market.
It conducts following activities to get students placed:
- Weekly seminars with eminent speakers from Industry and Institutes of higher learning
- Students' Seminar conducted departmentally on a regular basis
- Rigorous two months of Pre-Placement Training is imparted to all the students' eligible placement every year by eminent corporate trainers and psychologists
- Summer Courses are organized during the semester-break in June every year
Top Recruiting Companies
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Securities
- Centruy Plywood
- Paharpur Cooling Towers Ltd
- India Infoline
- Axis Bank
- IndusInd bank
- Fedral Bank
- Anthroplace Consulting
- and many more
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked as A+by Career 360 a unit of OUTLOOK India Magazine
- Also recognized by AIMS and a member of CII- Eastern region
Boarding and lodging facilities are available separately for outstation boys and girls. Seats are limited and allotted on a first come first served basis.
Full time Mess facilities with Internet condition and cogenial atmosphere.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The institute boasts of world class infrastructure for students and faculty. Sprawling campus is spread on a vast area with lush green and idyllic environment. Below mentioned are the varied facilities:
Details Of Support System For Learning Mentioned Below : Lecture & Tutorial Rooms
- 15 acres campus equivalent to an Intelligent Knowledge City
- Swimming Pool
- Sports Facilities Like Basket Ball
- Auditorium with seating capacity of 1200 students
Classrooms are spacious, airy and equipped with P A System overhead projector and modern magnetic ceramic board. Separate tutorial rooms are also available for special classes. Central Computing Facilities
Health Care facilities
- Central Computer Centre is exclusively available to the students for online study and net surfing
- Project laboratory has been set up for project, research and development works
- Computers are Wi-Fi connected with 20 Mbps leased line for 24 hours
- Satellite Interactive Terminal (SIT) with video conferencing facilities, installed by ISRO and WBUT, is also available
- NPTEL facility is available where students can directly experience the video lectures of IIT
Med claim facilities for all students. Cafeteria:
The Institute has an excellent cafeteria with a seating capacity for 200 persons. Multi-cuisine lunch and snacks are being served in the cafeteria. A fast food restaurant-cum-convenience stores is also there.
Essential books, stationery etc., as well as reprographic facilities are available here. One PCO has also been installed for convenience of the students.
The institute has a common room equipped with indoor games facilities like Table Tennis, Carom, Chess etc.
Games & Sports:
There are excellent facilities for outdoor games and sports like cricket, football, volleyball, basketball, golf and swimming, managed by a Sports Officer and a Swimming Instructor.
Transportation is available from prominent locations in Kolkata at scheduled hours based on students demand. Transport facilities for members of faculty and staff, as also for visitors, are available from the Traffic island near Ruby General Hospital.
- 24 Hours uninterrupted Power Supply with 100 Kw Solar Back up.
- Banking Facility: Punjab National Bank extension counter is located within the campus with 24-hour ATM facility for the benefit of students and members of staff. It also extends various soft loans.
The institute has dedicated and enthusiastic faculty, catering to the unique needs of the young minds. They have been specifically chosen for their dynamic and positive qualities, and for their willingness to share best practices. Some of the faculty members of the institute are:
- Prof. B. B. Paira - Director - Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata. Founder member of Haldia Institute of Technology & Also a thinker behind Haldia Petrochemicals ltd.
- Prof. Alok Kumar Sen -Director, MEC, Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, Former Director- SOMS, BESUS, Kolkata
- Prof. Alok Ray - Full time faculty, Former Prof. of IIM Calcutta
- Dr. P. Bhatta - Visiting Faculty, Asst. Prof, IIM Calcutta
- Dr. Subir Chaudhury, Member, Advisory Council, MEC, HIT, Former Director, IIM Calcutta
- Dr. Gagan Pareekh, Industrial specialist in Finance with more than 20 years of experience in Financial services sector.
- Amitabh Mohan, Consultant and Career analyst with more than 15 years of experience in HR services to many industries in India
- Clayton Moses - Academic advisor with more than 20 years of experience in skill enhancement training
Heritage Business School was set up under the aegis of Kalyan Bharti Trust (KBT) in 2003 with the aim to impart quality and value based knowledge to students. Further details of the institute are as follows:
- It is an effort of 23 Kolkata based like-minded industrialists who joined hands to form a charitable educational foundation "Kalyan Bharti Trust (KBT)" to maximise their dreams of serving the Society
- Main objective is to prepare dynamic and caring citizens to meet the challenges of a global society while retaining their traditional values.
- The institute teaches Full time MBA Programme with 2 years duration
Collaboration with Sussex University UK for Global Research programme
Given below is the list of the companies with which the the institute interacted:
- Mr. Ujjal Ghatak - reputed HR consultant, Talent Hub
- Prof. U. Halder - Professor, IISWBM,
- Mr. S.K.Roy - Former HR Head, Dunlop
- Mr. S. Chatterjee - GM-HR, Philip Black Carbon
- Mr. Pradip Chopra - Chairman, Srijan Group
- Mr. Braj Kishore - VP- Marketing, SREI
- Mr. Anil Sinha - VP-HR, Hindalco,
- Mr. R. Sridhar - VP-HR, ITC
- Mr. B. Chakraborty - Asst. GM-Marketing, Hiland Group,
- Mr. S.S. Mukherjee - Chief HR Head East, Kotak Bank,
- Mr. S. Mishra - Lead Talent Acquisition, Infosys
- Mr. Tanvir Singh - Regional Recruitment Lead, Infosys
- Mr. R. Sengupta - Deputy HR Manager, Reliance Comm.
- Mr. R. Kumar - Regional Head, LG Electronics
- Mr. S. Mukherjee - Regional Service HR, HDFC Bank
- Mr. D. Sarkar - ED, Allahabad bank
- Mr. Hirak Ghosh - HR, Paharpur Cooling towers