- A prestigious 20 year old offering specialised programme in Communication.
- Started in 1995, by leaders who felt a need to align academics with industry requirements.
- The Academic Council boasts of industry leaders such as Mr. Sanjeev Bikhchandani, CEO, InfoEdgeLtd, & leading academicians such as Prof. Ramola Kumar, Dean, DSC.
Known for its outstanding placements and internships:
- Upto 80% students obtain pre-placement offers
- Approx. 70% start working upto 3 months in advance of graduation
- 6 months Internships ans Apprenticeship awarded to each student by the institute in areas of their choice
- Extremely strong networking with Industry professionals
Top Recruiting Companies
ADVERTISING AGENCIES/BRAND CONSULTANCIES
- McCann Erickson
- Lowe Lintas
- BEI Confluence
- ADK Fortune
- M&C Saatchi
- Cheil Worldwide
- Saatchi & Saatchi
- Contract Advertising
- Law & Kenneth
PUBLIC RELATION AGENCIES
- O&M PR
- Perfect Relations
- Genesis BM
- Ferns & Petals
- Mutual PR
- BEI Confluence
- Motivator Media
- Lodestar Universal
- Infoegde(India) Ltd.
- 2020 Social
Rankings & Awards
- Accredited by IAO (Internnational Accreditation Organization), USA
- Ranked by Dainik Jagron as a leading communication school (4th) in Delhi
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The infrastructure incl the following facilities for students:
- Library and reading rooms
- Group discussion rooms
- The campus is Wi-fi and has a Computer Lab
- A rooftop cafe
- Class rooms fitted with LCDs
The year 2013 saw regular visits from many industry leaders. Few are as follows:
|S.No. ||Faculty Name ||Designation ||Company |
|1 ||Tapan Sir ||Marketing Consultant ||Former Marketing Manager, Hero Group |
|2 ||Samir Kapur ||Sr. Vice President (Corp Comm.) ||Fullerton India |
|3 ||Dharam Arora ||Director ||The Source |
|4 ||Soumitro Ghosh ||Consultant (Marketing,Strategy Planning, Marketing Research, Public Health, Social Marketing ) ||Former MD & CEO, Profam Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. |
|5 ||Basab Sarkar ||Sr. Vice President ||Emami Group |
|6 ||LT Col (Retd) Nageshwant Roy Vaid ||CEO ||NGA Consultancy Services |
|7 ||Saurabh Chauhan ||Asst. Event Mgr ||Fever 104 FM |
|8 ||Saket Kumar ||Sr. Client Servicing Manager ||MSL India Social |
|9 ||Faisal Sohail ||Creative Director ||NewsLink Services Limited |
|10 ||Ashish Ahuja ||Executive Vice President (EVP)- Brand ||Religare Enterprises Ltd |
|11 ||Murad Ali Baig ||PR & Auto Consultant || |
|12 ||Kishore Chakraborty ||Director, Consumer Insights ||McCann |
|13 ||Rajnish Rikhy ||VP- Ad sales ||TV Today Network Ltd |
|14 ||Subroto Pradhan ||Vice President & Client Services Director ||JWT |
|15 ||Nikhil Dey ||President (Public Relation) ||Genesis Burson Marsteller |
|16 ||Upendra Acharya ||Media Head ||Maxus |
|17 ||Manasvi Rasgotra ||Marketing Manager (Beverages) || Nestle |
|18 ||Shefali Takalkar ||Creative Director ||M& C Satchi |
|19 ||Gaurav Gala ||Sr. Producer/Anchor ||Zee Sports |
|20 ||Samil Malhotra ||Director ||Vintage |
|21 ||Naresh Gupta ||Managing Partner ||Bang In The Middle |
|22 ||Udayan Chakravarty ||Creative Director || JWT |
|23 ||Ashish Midha ||Media Head ||Hero Moto Corp |
|24 ||Manjula Negi || Feature Editor ||Deccan Herald |
|25 ||Manish Purohit ||CEO ||Popular Prakashan Pvt Ltd. |
|26 ||Sandeep Budki ||Associate Editor ||Agency Faqs |
|27 ||Arvind Kumar Chaurasia ||Producer ||IBN 7 |
- An 18 year old institute located in New Delhi offering specialised programmes in Media and Communications.
- Started by a group of industry leaders and academicians in 1995, who felt a need to better align academics with industry requirements.
- The Academic Council boasts of a group of industry leaders such as Mr. Sanjeev Bikhchandani, CEO, InfoEdgeLtd. and leading academicians such as Prof. Ramola Kumar, Dean, DSC and late Prof. Surojit Lahiri, founding Principal, DSC; both academicians for about 30 years.
- The creme course at DSC is the 2 year Integrated Marketing Communications programme specialising in Advertising & Entertainment Management; Public Relations and Journalism and Marketing & Digital.
- The course is heavily integrated with work exposure with upto 6 months Internships and Apprenticeships provided to each student by the institute in leading Advertising, Public Relations, Digital, Media Planning and Media organisations.
- After 18 years in the industry DSC is today recognised as a top-ranked communications institute and more than 500+ Alumni are today leading the industry across various verticals.
- This apart, DSC offers short term courses in Advertising and Media, PR & Events and Marketing and Sales.
- We also conduct specialized workshops for professionals who have more than 4 years work experience in the industry to updrage their knowledge and skills. Workshops are conducted on areas such as Corporate Reputation, Digital Marketing, Brand Management and Business Communication.
Placement Profile 2014
Students of the 2 year programme 2012-2014 will graduate in April 2014. Following are some of the pre-placement offers received, where students have already stared worksing months before graduation.
- Mr. Sidhant Bajaj joined Diesel (Under Reliance Brands Ltd), as Fashion Consultant (Marketing and Branding). Working since early Jan 2014.
- Ms. Nivriti Gupta, recuited as Junior Associate at Genesis Burson Marsteller, Delhi
- Ms. Surabhi Chhabra joined Duetsche Bank as Sales Manager, Pvt banking from January 2013.
- Ms. Saswati Chatterjee and Ms. Nupur Mittal who have joined Greycells Research Services as Research Executives. Both started working from 2nd January 2014.
- Ms. Mahima Narang who has been placed with Lex Witness (a subsidiary of Positive Interactive Pvt. Ltd) - India's first magazine on Legal & Corporate Affairs. Mahima recruited as a Marketing Executive, started working mid-December.