- 99% students placed in academic year 2012-13
- Accredited by NAAC, with 'A' Grade
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with world class facilities
- Experienced faculty members
- 1:12 faculty student ratio
- UGC recognized with latest curriculum
- The Directorate for Corporate and International Relations (CIR), an important arm of Amrita University, facilitates Learning and Development and placements of students through focused and well-structured programmes that supplement the students' academic curriculum, besides cultivating close relationship with industry and the corporate world.
- Nearly all the major companies in India visit Amrita University for placements.
- These include multinational companies as well as Indian companies with a global footprint.
- Companies from other countries, especially from the Middle East, also recruit students from Amrita.
- Experienced teams of counselors and training officers guide and motivate student learning at each campus.
- CIR is headed by a Director of Corporate and Industry Relations.
- Recent placement statistics indicate 100% placement for engineering graduates from all the three Schools.
- 2012 batch commenced with Infosys and Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS) who have offered between them 2,518 placements to Engineering, MCA and M.Sc. students of Amrita.
- Average number of offers per student placed is 1.95.
- Average salary- Rs.3.7 lakhs per annum
- Highest salary- Rs.15.94 lakhs per annum
- In keeping with business and industry trends in India, the largest numbers of job offers are made by the IT firms.
- Several engineering companies also recruit students; Amrita actively encourage students to consider pursuing careers in the core engineering fields.
- Every core engineering student gets many opportunities to participate in placement by core companies, notwithstanding the fact that they have one or more offer from IT companies.
- Amrita alumni hold leading positions in companies of international reckoning.
- Companies compliment the institution for the significant contributions made by Amrita graduates in their respective fields.
- Corporate India has begun to take notice of Amrita Students who receive value-based education at our campus.
- This may be the primary reason why employers recruit in such large numbers, year after year, from University.
- During the placement season, CIR headquarters at Coimbatore serves as the focal point where students from all the three campuses assemble for campus placements.
Top Recruiting Companies
- Ashok Leyland
- Asian Paints
- Delphi Automotive
- Dow Chemicals
- Essar Steels
- Ford Motors
- Goodrich Aerospace
- HCL Technologies
- Hindustan Unilever
- KLA Tencor
- KPIT Cummins
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Mu Sigma
- National Instruments
- Renault Nissan
- Robert Bosch
- Saint Gobain
- Schneider Electric
- Soliton Technologies
- Tata Advanced Materials
- Tata Technologies
- Zoho Corporation etc.
and many more...
Rankings & Awards
- Accredited by NAAC, with 'A' Grade.
- Listed in Group '1' by the high power committee of MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Ranked AAA+ by Careers 360 in May 2012.
Residential students are housed in single-gender hostels where they benefit from extra-curricular activities such as sports, yoga and meditation.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Large central libraries exist on all three Amrita campuses . Amrita also has a digital library with several terrabytes of content known as Vidya.
ICTS supports computer labs having over 500 computers each at Amritapuri and Bangalore, and over 1600 computers at Coimbatore.
All three campuses have gymnasiums and basketball, football, volleyball etc.
Medical care and facilities are available on each campuses.
- Dr. Rakesh S. G.
- Dr. Nagaraja S. R.
- Dr. Shikha Tripathi
- T. S. B. Sudarshan
- Manoj P.
and many more...
- Amrita School of Engineering (ASE), was started in 1994 by the Mata Amritanandamayi
- Math is a charitable organization, which has evolved as a vibrant, value based, inter-disciplinary multi-campus University.
- In 2003, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham became a deemed university and was accredited by NAAC with 'A' Grade.
- One of the youngest universities in India, Amrita has, since 1994, evolved into a dynamic inter-disciplinary research university, spread across five campuses in South India.
- The constituent colleges include schools in Applied Arts & Sciences, Ayurveda, Biotech, Engineering & Technology, Journalism, Medicine, Health Sciences, and Management
- Inspired by Amma's vision to create a world-class research and teaching university in India, in the past few years, many eminent academicians from around the world have joined Amrita full-time to pursue their careers here.
- These include not only people of Indian origin but also several people from the West.
- All three Schools have seen a phenomenon of "brain-gain" vs. the more conventional "brain-drain", where-in highly qualified people from the West have moved back to India inspired by Amma's vision for building top centers for learning in India.
- In addition, as part of the distinguished lecture series, professors from top universities in the West have taught classes at Amrita in several areas.
- Amrita University may be the only institution in the country to have so much access to talent from abroad.