- One of the foremost theatre training institutions in the world
- Workshops and extension programmes
- NSD's major institutions working on contemporary and modern plays
- Organises its own Festival in the summers
- An Autonomous Institution of the ministry of culture, Govt. of India.
- The institute has separate hostels for girls and boys
- Accommodation provided to the students is either on a room-sharing or dormitory basis
- It is compulsory for all students admitted, to join the hostel
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- NSD Library
- Performing spaces
- Video Audio Library
- Hostel Facility
- Shri Bhanwar Singh-Registrar
- Shri Ram Kishan-Deputy Registrar
- Shri Parag Sarmah-Production Manager
- Ms. Veena Sahrawat-Warden-cum-Mess Supervisor
- Shri Suresh Mansharamani-Accounts Officer and D.D.O.
- Shri O.P. Sagar-Estate Manager
- Shri S.P. Sharma-Assistant Registrar (Accounts)
- Ms. Savita Kalra-Assistant Registrar (Administration)
and many more.....
- Set up by the Sangeet Natak Akademi as one of its constituent units in 1959.
- One of the foremost theatre training institutions in the world and the only one of its kind in India.
- In 1975, the institute became an independent entity and was registered as an autonomous organization under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860, that is fully financed by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Scholarships/ Financial Aid
The School awards a scholarship of Rs. 6000 (Rupees Six thousand only) per month to selected candidates.
Students who are awarded the scholarship by the School will be required:
- execute a bond of Rs. 2,16,000 (Rupees Two lakh sixteen thousand only), to the effect that if he/ she decides to discontinue the course before the end of three years, or is made to discontinue the course on disciplinary grounds, he/she will then return all the money paid as scholarship to him/her before such discontinuance.
- To furnish a surety/undertaking for Rs. 2,16,000 (Rupees Two lakh sixteen thousand only), duly attested by a District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner (Revenue Authorities).