- Located in one of the most promising economic districts of the country and situated in NCR Delhi,the NIU offers infinite opportunities for self motivated individuals.
- As the focus is on learning, NIU offers students international facilities for a rich and interactive personalised learning environment.
Corporate Resource Center & Placement Cell - CRC Helping Students Prepare for a FutureNot Just a Job. The NIU CRC provides opportunities to bring students together with the business community. The CRC provides job search preparation assistance, information on job and internship opportunities, employment resources, and programs that bring the business community to campus. The goal is to assist the students to be successful in their career development and job placement activities.
Purpose: the purpose of the CRC is to maintain constant interaction with corporate partners and associates of NIU and to arrange interactions with corporates on a regular basis.
Functions: The role and responsibilities of the CRC are as follows:
- To organize corporate interactions for students on a regular basis.
- To maintain and update a database of contacts in companies which have an association with NIU. It would maintain constant interaction with them by informing them of events and happenings at NIU on a regular basis.
- To send brochures, newsletters, greetings etc. on NIUs behalf to the companies in CRCs database on behalf of NIU.
- It would help in arranging speakers, participation and sponsorship for events at NIU.
- To make contacts/associations with organization which are being targeted for placements.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Teaching Methodology :- The teaching pedagogy at NIU SBM is as per the guidelines of University Grants Commission.
Basic teaching methods adopted here are:
- Presentations :- Presentations involve a small group of students led by a faculty member. Discussions are done on various aspects of that subject in depth. It could be, for example, on an exercise or case or an essay that an individual student has presented. NIU SBM emphasizes on the approach that students should devote a major portion of their time to intensive analytical study and discuss practical business situations set forth in selective case studies.
- Interactive Discussions :- Discussions on current business issues concerning various topics of the business world are discussed and debated. Students are encouraged to ask questions and actively participate in discussions. Tutorials are also used as a platform for intensive discussions of coursework which forms basis of final assessment. The class size remains small so that teachers can interact with students on a personal basis.
- Educational Tours :- Regular industrial visits are organized to provide exposure and understanding of the industrial sector and relate the theory to practical situations. The students in the past have visited various companies like Mother Dairy etc. Besides tours are also organized to idyllic places like Nainital, which was exclusively planned for the management students with a view to provide them rich exposure.
- Coursework :- Written coursework constitutes an important part of the learning process of the course. Most modules require coursework assignments, which may be individual or group projects. Students are expected to apply the concepts to real life management problems. The coursework carries weightage towards the end term assessment.
- E- Learning System (ELS) :- The aim of ELS is to help students at various levels in NIU SBM to be more effective learners and work to the best of their abilities in course work assignments and examinations. The ELS helps the students by offering advice on effective learning techniques like writing well-structured and organized assignments, take better notes, manage your time, give good presentations, etc. It also gives students an opportunity to talk through any learning-related difficulties the students may be having like getting started with writing an assignment, anxiety about exams, presentations and other potentially stressful situations.
- Campus Support Service
- The accommodation facilities available to the students of NIU are at par with international standards. NIU offers students the choice of comfortable boarding facilities of single, double and triple rooms with AC and non AC options for both boys and girls. Every hostel has state-of-the-art Wi-Fi facilities so that they can keep abreast of global happenings.
- If the boarding facilities speak of homely comfort than the dining facilities serves homely food. Scrumptious and healthy foods prepared under strict hygienic conditions are served to the students during meal times. Our experienced catering staff has been drawn from a wide range of hospitality industry and serve their culinary skills with a wide range of mouth watering palette of dishes
NIU is a UGC recognized university sponsored by Maruti Educational Trust and was notified by Govt. of Uttar Pradesh, India vide Notification No. 1108/79-vi-1-10-1 (Ka) 23-10 Lucknow dt 12 Oct 2010, Act No. 27 of 2010 The University is very strategically located on 75 Acres sprawling Campus in the ultra-modern Yamuna Expressway Educational Hub, Gautam Budh Nagar and is privileged to be flanked by many firsts of the nation including the Formula 1 Race Track and a Night Safari.
Vision :- To be a pre-eminent Institution through research-driven edu-system that aims to develop Insights and Leaders, who would get right things done in the 21st Century.
Beliefs I. Investing in necessary tools for successful innovation
- Leadership in fundamental research
- Developing leaders with 21st century knowledge and skills who get right
- Building a leading physical and advanced information technology infrastructure
Creating an environment for entrepreneurship and risk management that allows NIU students to be globally competitive. III.
Catalyzing breakthroughs for National and Global Progress Science and Technology, Management and Medicine, Culture and Innovation.