MKSSS' School of Fashion Technology is a leading school of fashion technology that imparts education and training in the field of fashion designing. This college has partnered with various fashion brands like Lorenzo de ?Medici and many more. The various courses offered here are fashion Apparel design+ B.Sc. Fashion design, B.Design, MSc Fashion Design and many other courses that are held in high value by the business and manufacturing industries. Faculty comprises of learned and experienced and skilled members from NIFT, NID and other institutes. The college is located in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Internship refers to the time span in which students develop the talent of generating and exploiting the new ideas.
- Instead of not trying at all, students learn to try and fail.
- So, the environment is such that the mistakes act as motivating factors of upgrading the working system.
- The interns are expected to submit their final report after their six-week stay in the industry.
- This will enable them to present a brief but effective report with proper documentary evidences and material collections.
- This also helps students in learning the effective communication techniques and the techniques of preparing a project report.
- The internship reports of students are also assessed by the department. In fact, internship provides feedback to folks as well as institution.
Top Recruiting Companies
Students have been getting recruitments in various blue-chip concerns. Some of the established names include:
- Madura Garment
- Aditya Birla Nuvo
- Creative Garments
- Arvind Mills
- Arvind Brands
- Pratibha Syntex
- Shahi Exports
- Sheetal Design Studio
- Rocky S
- Tommy Hilfiger
- United Colour of Benetton
- Ritu Design Studio
- And Design
- Shahib Textiles
- Rohini International Pvt Ltd
- Munch Design Worx
- Digvijay Singh
- Garden Vareli
- Calyz textiles
- Alok Apparels
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Soft boasts of having a first-rate infrastructure. It has state of the art machinery in addition to the other amenities including:
- Design studio
- Art rooms
- Cutting sewing
- Finishing lab
- Dyeing and printing lab
- Weaving studio
The institute is highly recognized for imparting world-class education. SOFT also provides a virtual learning environment and aims at an overall development of students. With an ingenious and large campus, institute makes learning a joyful experience. The variety of activities gives students the desired break from the studies, as well as it also facilitates their all-round development.
There is a spacious auditorium which is equipped with the latest audio-video systems. The auditorium is significantly used for seminars, symposia and guest lectures. This aids in toning up the learners skills. The institution deploys unique pedagogy and advanced teaching methodology for imparting education. Various teaching tactics include:
- Audiovisual aids
- Practical projects
- Industrial Interactive
- Industrial Visits
- Internship/Craft Documentation
- Market Research
- The School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) traces its existence way back in the year 1998.
- It was assimilated under the auspices of 116 year old Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS), Pune, India in collaboration with National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), (Ministry of Textiles, and Govt. of India).
- Institute of high repute, SOFT offers practical experience through industrial training.
- With hi-tech and superlative infrastructure, the institute makes learning enjoyable and it also offers the benefit of On Job training.
- The School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) initiated the bachelors degree curriculum with S.N.D.T. Women's University, an internationally recognized university that certifies the degree as equivalent to those offered by international degree-granting institutions.
- With competent and dexterous faculty to its backing, the institute also offers 100% placement assistance and also keeps learners updated with the current scenario.
Various eminent partners of the institute include:
- Collaboration with Lorenzo deMedici for Brand Design and Fashion styling Intensive for UG Courses
- ENECA Institute of Applied Art, Tornado, Canada for higher education course like - Three year Advance Diploma in Fashion Business Management
- SOFT is collaborated with Dystar, the leading international supplier of product and services for textile chain which includes academic training, ecology solutions, colour solutions and online coloursearch etc
Soft is blessed with a band of fashion veterans who basically act as counselors for students besides imparting worthy learning. The institute comprises highly learned, efficient and dexterous faculty, qualified from NIFT, NID and other institutes of high standing. They also carry with them years of wide exposure and hands of industry experience.