PSG College of Arts and Science was initiated in 1947, and with the support and advance foundation laid by the PSG and Sons Charities Trust, it gained the autonomous status in 1978 and is presently in unison with Bharathiar University. This college has a remarkable ISO?9001: 2000 certification under its wing, and involves attribution by NAAC & UGC. The college proposes numerous UG (BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BCA, BBA), PG (M.Sc., MSW, MJMC, MCA, MIB), and Ph.D. & M.Phil. programs in the diversified field of Arts, Science, Commerce and Management.
- Placement cell is available
- Caters to the employment needs of the students
- Provides proper guidance, counselling
- Conducts periodic campus interviews
Top Recruiting Companies
Following are the Recruiting companies:
- Renault Nissan
- Federal Banl
and many more
- A comfortable Guest House and three guest rooms with all facilities.
- Separate hostel accommodation to boys and girls
- An exclusive hostel is available for International Students with a capacity of 100.
- Boys hostel with a capacity of 450 and Girls hostel with a capacity 720.
- The New Hi-tech Hostel can accommodate 320 lady students.
- Internet facility is available in the Hostels.
- The hostel has an exclusive library for inmates.
- A state-of-the-art dining hall and kitchen enhances the ambience of the 'home away from home'.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The college concentrates on the continual development of infrastructural facilities. The following state-of-the art facilities are provided on the campus for academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Academic / Research related centres
- 170 classrooms with audio-visual facility
- 28 laboratories equipped with the latest equipments.
- Fully computerized library
- Virtual Library with resources from EBSCO, DELNET & INFONET
- World class audio-video studio equipped with Mac [Apple] systems.
- Centralised computer and browsing center
- 24 Hours internet browsing facility is available in all the departments.
- Well-equipped language laboratory.
- Practice workshop (Lab for Commerce students).
- Book depot and typewriting institute.
- Statistics lab.
- Campus fully networked.
- EDUSAT facility is available for creating the virtual classrooms.
- Four fully furnished seminar / conference halls with one being air-conditioned.
- Exclusive reading rooms in selected departments maintained by students.
- State-of-the-art Biotechnology lab.
- A Broadcasting studio equipped for TV production, audio recording and dubbing & video editing.
- A multi-media and animation graphics studio.
- Hi-tech Gymnasium and health club.
- Proven facilities for indoor and outdoor games.
- Ladies' center.
- Video theatre with a seating capacity of 150.
- A canteen & Snack corner.
Facilities for extra and co-curricular activities
- A calm and serene Yoga Centre for personality development.
- A painting club
- 'Thinkers Association'
- Forum for Active Campus Endeavours (FACE)
- Students Council (Manavar Manram) & subject associations
- Rotaract Club and Humour Club.
- NSS and NCC.
- Nila Mutram - Book Review Club.
- Women's Cell-Shrishti
- Forum for Community Services for the Youth.
Following are the faculty members:
- V. M. LATHA-M.Sc.,M.Phil
- Dr. D. BRINDHA-M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D
- Dr. B. RAGHAVAN-M.Sc.,M Phil.,Ph.D
- U. SARASWATHI-M.Sc.,M.Phil
- Dr. D. VICTOR AROKIA DOSS-M.Sc.,M.Phil.,M.Phil(Bioinfo).,Ph.D
- Dr.B. RAMESH-M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D.,CMLT.,PGDCA.,PGDBI
and many more......
- Established in the year 1947.
- Come under PSG Trust.
- Autonomous since 1978.
- Mission is to provide value and need based education.
- A long-standing academic tradition of excellence in research and scholarship.
- Strongly believe in the words of philosopher Plato that, "The direction in which education makes a man, will determine his future life".