- 100% placement assistance
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Various scholarship schemes
- Industry oriented teaching
As an institute for professional training, Amity School of Communication (ASCO) has a regular interface with the media industry. Renowned television channels, newspapers, magazines, advertising agencies and public relations firms recognize the high quality of training given at ASCO by regularly hiring students even before they pass out. The placement record ever since its inception has been particularly gratifying and shows that the curriculum and teaching keep close touch with industry practices.
Top Recruiting Companies
- 360 Degree
- Adlabs Films Ltd. (Radio)
- Appin Knowledge Solutions
- Avian Media
- Bag Films Ltd.
- Balaji Telefilms
- BBC World Service Trust
- BEI Confluence
- Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
- Brand Curry Communications Pvt. Ltd.
- Chavi Image
- Creative Crest
- Dmas Advertising & Communication Pvt. Ltd
- Doordarshan News
- Dot Communications
- Zee Sports Limited
And Many more.
A 1000-bed Hostel provides such an ambience that the students feel the ambience of home. The rooms are well furnished, airy, with attached bathrooms, proper house keeping facilities, telephone and a host of other amenities as well. There are separate hostels for boys & girls, in and off campus localities.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Spacious classrooms with appropriate furniture, LCD projectors and an effective speaker system in addition to white boards serve as great teaching aids
- Both spacious and air conditioned classrooms
Photo Studio Dark room (Processing Lab):
- 250 PCs with inbuilt Pentium processors based on HP/IBM machines.
- The entire network rests on four (Firewall, Intranet, Mail, Attachments File & Print) HP and IBM servers
- The student and faculty members can access the Internet throughout the campus with the help of broadband radio link and ISDN line backup
- E-Mail facilities are available for faculty and students
- Latest software is available to enable the students to work on data analysis, web technologies and software designing
- The ASCO intranet truly automates the process of execution and enables smooth movement of data across departments
Audio-Visual Studio and PCR :
- Photo-Studio is well equipped with modern light equipment along-with motorized paper backgrounds for Portraiture, Still life, Tabletop, Model and Glamour Photography. Darkroom is planned on a scientific manner with light-trap-entry, consisting of five enlargers and processing facilities at control temperature
- Comprising multi-camera set up, non-linear editing systems (FCP Mac-G5) besides having high-end sound facilities for recording and post-production processes
- All the facilities to train the students in all the aspects of TV Production, TV Journalism, Film Making, Documentary and Radio Production
- ASCO Production Studio is designed for all kinds of production work ranging from news anchoring, multiple camera shoot, panel discussions, interactive shows involving audience to feature film shoots
- Well equipped with necessary hardware and software required for the same
- 24 hour internet helps students prepare presentations as well as academic notes
Library cum Reading Room:
- With an effective darkening mechanism and a seating capacity of more than 75 people showcases classics made by renowned filmmakers as a part of the Film Appreciation module
- It also serves as the venue for presentations by students as well as distinguished visitors
- Library with large number of books not only from Media related subjects but also from a vast array of other subjects offers students a wide scope for updating their knowledge
- Computerized catalogue helps to track the status of any book at any point of time
- Variety of journals, magazines and newspapers add to the treasure of knowledge housed in the library
- Library also preserves insightful projects done by its students
- Fully equipped, state of the art auditorium with a seating capacity of 600
- Provides the ideal setting for management events and corporate interaction programs
- An ultra-modern Seminar Hall with a seating capacity of 300
- Hall is well equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual and presentation tools to facilitate smooth presentations etc
- Modern gourmet class, air-conditioned restaurants offer variety of Indian, Chinese and continental snacks and meals to cater to the multi-ethnic tastes of the students. There are special counters for ice-creams, shakes and delicious chaat
- In tune with the objective of all round development of students, various sporting and physical development activities are encouraged amongst students. To enable students to enjoy sports, the campus is equipped with a jogging track, football field, cricket field, basket ball & tennis courts, table tennis tables etc. And for those who are interested in equestrian, there is a separate Horse Riding Academys
Some of the top faculties are:
Ranbir K Dargan
M.A.(English Literature), M.Sc (Defence Studies), MBA (Media Management), Effective Communication (IGNOU)
M.A (Political Science)
M.A.(Journalism and Mass Communication), UGC-NET, M.A. (Environmental Economics), PG Diploma (Journalism) & (Environmental Management)
Gauri D Chakaraborty
Alumni and Gold Medalist, Diploma In Cinema, F.T.I.I, PUNE, M.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication), UGC-NET, B.A. (Economics (H)
Capt Divya Sharma
M.A English Literature
MBA (HRM & Marketing), M.A (Advertising and Mass Communication), B.Ed, PG Diploma PR & ADVT
Amity School of Communication (ASCO) is one of the various segments of Amity University. It is one of the centers of excellence that offers a wide range of professional courses at under-graduate and post graduate level. The institute is currently providing education to more than 800 students through its state of the art programmes like Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication, Master of Journalism and Mass Communication. Amity School of Communication aims to offer the latest and advanced learning environment blended with rich Indian heritage and value system.
- New Delhi