- State-of-Art infrastructure
- Wide range of Researches
- Quality Education
MIT School of Government (MIT-SOG) has the distinction of being the only institute of its kind to initiate a one year full time Masters Program in Government (MPG), dedicated to the task of imparting leadership skills to the educated youth for a career in Politics and Government in academic alliance with TATA institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai supported by UNESCO Chair for Human Rights, Democracy, Peace & Tolerance, World Peace Centre, Alandi, Pune.
MPG is an experiential learning program, a combination of theory, case studies and wide practical exposure imparted through focused activities including :
- Interactive sessions by eminent leaders from Politics, Bureaucracy, Judiciary, Social sector, Media & Corporate.
- Practical exposure through - local field visitsto NGOs, model villages, gram panchayats, zilla parishad, municipal corporation, political party offices etc.
- 7-day Study Tours, one each for Election Management and second for the Constituency Management & State visit.
- 10-day National Study Tour to Delhi to visit Parliament, political & governmental offices and interact with political leaders.
- 14-day International Study Tour to Europe (optional) to visit international organizations and political offices.
- Internships up to a period of three months in three phases are provided with Political Leaders & Political Party Offices.
- Assignments, projects and workshops are a regular feature of the program.
More than 250 of our alumni
bear testimony to the uniqueness of the program, many of them occupying positions of eminence in various democratic institutions of the country.
MIT-SOG is a part of the MAEER's MIT Group of Institutions, Pune, a highly acclaimed name in the field of education since 1983, founded by Prof. Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad. The group consists of educational institutions right from Primary Education to Post Graduate Programs in varied fields like Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Management, Information Technology, Foreign Languages and so on.
- TATA Institute of Social Sciences (Mumbai)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel School of Social Work (USA)
- Thorough understanding of functioning of government with in India at various levels, right from village panchayat to corporation& zilla parishad; state assembly to parliament etc.
- Comparative study of various governments around the world.
- Along with lectures on varied topics, emphasis is on practical case studies relative to current situations.
- Workshops and interactive sessions on Current issues affecting the country. For eg. Indo-US nuclear deal, Mumbai terrorist attacks, World Recession and its effects on India, Indo-US relations etc.
- Special emphasis on Election Management, Constituency Management, Campaign Management and Psephology.
- Sessions on Oratory skills and voice modulation, how to tackle media and manage press conferences.
- Training on various leadership styles along with detailed study on many national & international leaders through their biographies, first hand research by students through various sources, screening of documentaries and audio speeches.