- Specially designed Journalism and Print Module
- Balance between Theory and Practical
- Special Language training classes
- Number of Field Trips to be arranged
- Affordable course fee
- State-of-the-art facilities for training in print journalism.
- A graduate from MASCOM with considerable exposure to the latest technology and journalistic practices at Malayala Manorama will be highly valued by the industry.
- A world of opportunities awaits graduates from MASCOM, which also provides them with job placement assistance.
Top Recruiting Companies
- The Week
- Malayala Manorama
- Manorama Online
- Manorama News TV
- The Times of India
- The Hindu
- Hindustan Times
- The Telegraph
- Deccan Chronicle
- Forbes India
- Dow Jones
- The New Indian Express
- Indian Expess
- MID DAY
- Asian Age
- Mail Today
- Times of Oman
- Economic Times
and many more....
Rankings & Awards
Ranked 6th in Media Films and Mass Communication category as per Outlook survey in the year 2008.
- Admitted students will be accommodated in comfortable, furnished quarters arranged by MASCOM at reasonable rent.
- Students can avail of meals provided in the MASCOM canteen at subsidized rates.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Manorama School of Communication (MASCOM) provides infrastructure facilities to its students :
- Computer lab equipped with modern computers interconnected by means of Local Area Network.
- Training in standard software such as - MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In design, and Hands-on experience can be gained on scanners, printers, digital cameras, personal digital assistants (PDA) and voice recorders.
- Well-stocked library
- Students will be provided access to the Malayala Manorama library and digital archives.
- MASCOM will have a 64 kbps direct link to the internet and is connected to the Web on a 24 hour basis.
- Personal computers
- A telephone with STD facility is also available
Manorama School of Communication (MASCOM) faculty includes :
- K Thomas Oommen Director
- Geoji T Samuel (capped a 25-year career as a journalist with the Malayala Manorama by switching to teaching journalism at MASCOM.)
- One of India's premier institutes of Journalism.
- A not-for-profit institution
- Aims at providing quality manpower for the media industry.
- Mission is to train aspiring journalists so they become fully integrated members of the media industry.