Malnad College of Engineering (MCE)?groups to be an engineering college, situated within the demographics of Hassan, Karnataka since 1960. This institution attends as a joint endeavor between the Government of India,?Government of Karnataka and Malnad Technical Education Society with a dynamic aim of providing engulfed academic information within the genre with a perspective approach. Allied with the Viswesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, the institute offer Bachelors in Engineering (UG), Masters in Technology, Science, Computer Applications along with Ph.D. and cater various categories of Engineering.
- Full fledged Placement & Training Department which provides placement assistance to students.
- Through its close liaison with various reputed organisations the department has record number of placements.
- Good Placement record
Top Recruiting Companies
Some of the major recruiters are:
- Wipro Infrastructure
- Tech Mahindra
- Tata Elxsi
- Rane Industries
- Goodrich Aerospace
- Nokia Siemens
Rankings & Awards
Received The Best Engineering College award by the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) during the year 2007. has received The Best Engineering College award by the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) during the year 2007.
The college has a boys Hostel in the campus to accommodate 750 students. A girls hostel located very close to the campus accommodates 220 students.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The college has well equipped library with more than 65,000 volumes. A large issue section and a good reference section form main components of the library.
- Syndicate bank
- Post office
- Cooperative society
- Swimming pool
- Mr. S. Jayadev, B.E., M.Tech.,
- Mr. A. J. Krishnaiah, B.E., M.Sc. Engg.,(Ph.D).,
- Dr. M. N. Jagannathappa, M.Sc. (Geo), Ph.D.,
- Mr. M. Srinivas, B.E., M.E.,
- Mr. K. S. Manjunath, B.E., M.Tech.,(Ph.D).,
- Mr. H. R. Muralidhar, B.E., M.Tech.,
- Mr. H. S. Narashimhan, B.E., M.Tech., (Ph.D).,
- Mr. S. B. Devaraj, B.E., M.Tech.,
- Mr. B. E. Yogendra B.E., M.Sc. Engg., (Ph.D).,
- Established in 1960 by Malnad Technical Education Society.
- Reputed institution in the country
- Providing education to 2750 students
- Built on a sprawling campus of about 41.28 acres and has all the facilities required of a model technical education center.
- First college to be established in the Malnad region of Karnataka state
- The college established in the latter part of the Third Five Year Plan, as a joint venture of the Government of India, Government of Karnataka and Malnad Technical Education Society,