Commenced in 1980, Ghousia College of Engineering serves as an engineering educational identity, which imparts every drop of its reservoir of education within the field of Engineering and IT. With the introduction of classified technical education, the college climbs up the staircase of success in providing required conventional teaching modules recognized by AICTE & associated by Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum. It offers UG (B.E), PG (M.Tech) & Research (M.Sc. & Ph.D.) programs within the selective arena of Engineering.
- GCE has a Placement and Training Cell
- which regularly conducts training programme for students on Personality Development, Communication Skills, Group Discussions, Mock Interviews etc.
- Approximately 40 different companies visits the college campus for recruitments and about 70 percent of the eligible students get placed in reputed companies every year.
Top Recruiting Companies
Students have been recruited in companies like:
- Wipro Technologies
- Birla Soft
The college has seperate hostels for boys and girls with all the modern facilities:
1)There are seperate boys hostel for different academic year
|Hostel ||Capacity ||Contact no |
|Sir Syed Ahmed Boys Hostel ||250 || |
|Moulana Azad Boys Hostel ||250 ||807273475 |
|Tippu Sultan Boys Hostel ||300 ||807271664 |
2)There is a single hostel for girls with a capacity of 120 students
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
The college has an excellent infrastructure with:
- Fully furnished classrooms
- Common rooms
- Well stocked library
- Seminar hall
- Seperate hostels for boys and girls
- Amphi theatre
- Ghousia College of Engineering was established in the year 1980 by Ghousia Industrial & Engineering Trust, Bangalore.
- GCE is a private self-financed minority institution, recognised by the Government of Karnataka.
- The College aims at imparting quality technical education to the students.
- GCE is approved by AICTE New Delhi, and is affiliated to the Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum.