- Established by Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Graded 'A' by NAAC.
- Member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Certification
- Received the Platinum Technology Award for quality and excellence in the field of education presented by OMAC
- Recognised by University Grants Commission
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has separate and active placement cell which provides 100% Placement assistance
Top Recruiting Companies
- DCM Technologies
- Mahendra British Telecom
- ST Microelectronics
- HDFC & ICICI Banks
and many more...
Rankings & Awards
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University was ranked 57 by Webometrics India in 2010
- Indraprastha University is ranked 12th among the top universities of India.
- Received the Platinum Technology Award for quality and excellence in the field of education, in Geneva, Switzerland, presented by Otherways Management and Consulting (OMAC), a Paris-based international organisation.
- T.V room and a Reading Room for the recreational activities.
- Badminton Court, Table Tennis Table, Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Badminton,
- It also has its own gymnasium
- Excellent residential facilities
- Extremely comfortable and safe rooms
- Library and Laboratories for a longer period of time.
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- Spread over an area of 60 acres
- The University Campus also gives the students the facility of several grounds so that they can play and enjoy themselves in free time.
- The University campus is provided with a relaxing and comfortable canteen.
- The Punjab and Sind Bank available in the University Campus is provided to give the University students and staff as well as the general public, money management facility.
- University has a dispensary located in the campus to provide the medical facilities to the students & staff.
- The fully air conditioned seminar hall
- Capacity of about 100 is equipped with OHP facility
- Mike in front of each seat so that the people listening to the lectures can give a feedback or ask questions whenever required.
- Sports Tournament
- Sport Adventure Tour to Manali
- The University Auditorium is an elegant structure with a Central Lawn at the back of it. Plays and other ceremonies are held in this auditorium.
- The fully air conditioned conference hall
- Capacity of about 25 people
- It's quite and peaceful ambience
- Suitable place for conferencing, congresses, meetings, lectures and audio/ visual presentations on a small scale.
- Comfortable seating arrangements
- Founded in 1998 it is a teaching-cum-affiliating university which affiliates more than 120 colleges in Delhi-NCR and has 15 schools and centres.
- The university was named after the ancient mythological city of Indraprastha, which features prominently in the Mahabharata epic.
- In 2001, the university was officially re-christened as Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) after the Tenth Great guru of Sikhs Guru Gobind Singh.
- The university is governed by a board of management, headed by the vice-chancellor and is appointed by the Government of delhi.
- The University will stimulate both the hearts and minds of scholars, empower them to contribute to the welfare of society at large; train them to adopt themselves to the changing needs of the economy; advocate them for cultural leadership to ensure peace, harmony and prosperity for all.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University shall strive hard to provide a market oriented professional education to the student community of India in general and of Delhi in particular, with a view to serving the cause of higher education as well as to meet the needs of the Indian industries by promoting establishment of colleges and Schools of Studies as Centres of Excellence in emerging areas of education with focus on professional education in disciplines of engineering, technology, medicine, education, pharmacy, nursing, law, etc.
- Apeejay School of Marketing
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology
- Amity Institute of Education
- Bakson Homeopathic Medical College
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Mgmt. & Catering Technology
- Delhi College of Advanced Studies
- Delhi College of Rural Development
- Delhi Institute of Advanced Studies
- Fore School of Management
- The University gives scholarships worth Rs.10,000/- per annum to the students admitted in the University Schools of Studies and Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology in order of merit of the Common Entrance Test (CET) to the first three students admitted in each programme.
Schools under the University are:-
- University School of Information & Communication Technology
- University School of Chemical Technology
- University School of Bio Technology
- University School of Management Studies
- University School of Environment Management
- University School of Basic & Applied Sciences
- University School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- University School of Law and Legal Studies
- University School of Engineering & Technology
- University School of Education
- University School of Architecture & Planing
- University School of Medicine and Para-Medical Health Sciences
- University School of Mass Communication