The Kurukshetra University was established in 1956 as a unitary residential University and its foundation stone was laid by late Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India.; Located in the holy city of Kurukshetra, land of the historical battle of 'Mahabharata' and the great message of Bhagwad Gita, its campus is situated on the western bank
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
- The Directorate of Distance Education (Kurukshetra University) has an independent, centrally air-conditioned, well-equipped Library of its own and has rich collection of books on all subjects.
- Learners are allowed access to use the Library facilities on all working days, on production of identity card issued by the Directorate.
Employment Information and Guidance Bureau
- Apart from the facilities available at the institutions for hands-on-practice where the PCP of distance education courses are conducted, Directorate of Distance Education (Kurukshetra University) has recently established centrally well equipped Computer Labs.
- The Lab has 54 nodes facility for simultaneous use of students at a time and are connected with Internet facilities.
- It is to assist the students in making choice of career and courses.
- Students can take full advantage of the facilities available at the Bureau.
- Bank facility are also situated in the University
Student Support Services
- Students' counselling is also an important aspect of distance education which plays a vital role to guide the learners in respect of academic, administrative or personal problems.
- Students are advised to contact the teaching faculty of the Directorate of Distance Education (Kurukshetra University) or the Course Coordinators during working hours to discuss their problems.
- Student Support Services A special feature of the distance education programme is the Student Support Services.
- The students finding any difficulty in pursuing distance education courses may get in touch with the concerned Officer/Official or the Coordinator, Student Support Services in the Directorate.
Audio-Visual Aid Room
The Kurukshetra University was established in 1956 as a unitary residential University and its foundation stone was laid by late Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India. Located in the holy city of Kurukshetra, land of the historical battle of 'Mahabharata' and the great message of Bhagwad Gita, its campus is situated on the western bank of Brahm Sarover (the holy tank) and extends over an area of over 400 acres. Starting with only the Department of Sanskrit, it has grown into a multi-faculty University as one of the premier centres for advanced study and research in the region.
The Directorate of Distance Education (Kurukshetra University) was started by the University as Directorate of Correspondence Courses in 1976 to make available the benefit of higher education to the multitude of people who due to various compulsions, and reasons could not continue their studies either due to limited seats available in regular colleges or due to pecuniary and other social reasons. Directorate of Distance Education (Kurukshetra University) endeavour has been to combine the twin objective of reaching the unreached and meeting the rising educational aspirations of the masses. Beginning with the courses of Pre-University and B.A. with about 400 students in 1976, the Directorate now enrolls every year around 36000 students in about 45 undergraduate and postgraduate traditional as well as job-oriented professional courses in the areas of Computer Science, Management, Science, Commerce, Library & Information Science, Journalism, Law, etc.
- The candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/Tribes and the University employees and their wards are entitled to tuition fee concession out of the fees payable to the University.
- Financial assistance to a limited extent is also given to a limited number of students on merit cum means basis