- UGC Recognised
- AICTE approved
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with world class facilities
- Ranked 2nd in India for numbers of research papers only by IAS
- Best placement record
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 10th in India
- Financial Assistance to needy and meritorious students
- Ragging free campus
- International University Collaboration
Jadavpur University has an active and dynamic placement cell which organizes-
- Pre placement talks
- Mock test
- Personality development programme
- On campus Interview
Rankings & Awards
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 12th in India 2009
- Faculty of Arts ranked 2nd in India
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 11th in India 2007
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology ranked 10th in India 2011
- JU Ranks first among top Engineering and Technology Universities and sixth among the Universities and Institutions in India - NISTADS Report
- JU Ranked second in number of publication and fourth in performance index among the Indian Universities - NISTADS Report
- Jadavpur University was ranked 47th in the Times Higher Education-Thomson Reuters list of the 100 best universities in the BRICS and Emerging Economies, 2013.
- University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP) Research Laboratory, an overseas outfit, has ranked Jadavpur University 10th in India in its 2012-13 report considering academic indicators.
- National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (NISTADS) of CSIR ranked Jadavpur University 4th among the top 50 Universities of the country based on h-index of publication.
Jadavpur University has 9 boys and 4 girls hostel with the following facilities-
- Well maintained mess
- Common room
- Indoor game courts
Infrastructure / Teaching Facilities
Jadavpur University has state-of-the-art infrastructure with the following facilities-
- Well stocked library
- Well equipped labs
- Medical aid
- Outdoor game courts
- Post office
Following is the top faculty-
- Prof. Abhijit Chakrabarti
- Prof. Rajat Acharyya
- Prof. Siddhartha Datta
- Prof. Sivaji Bandyopadhyay
- Prof. Subrata Mukhopadhyay
- Established in 1955, Jadavpur University is a premier public state university with 2 campuses; main campus at Jadavpur and the new campus at Salt Lake.
- The Jadavpur campuses houses 3 facilities - Engineering, Science and Arts whose focal point is to impart quality technical education to the students. Jadavpur University is primarily recognized for its research and has been ranked 6th in research output in India for its engineering faculty.
- The University has recently created a Permanent Cell for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Violence on Women on the Campus as recommended by the Supreme Courtand the University Grants Commission.
- Jadavpur University has successfully established itself as a foremost Indian University with a vast repertoire of courses offered, an enviable list of faculty members and has come to be known for its commitment towards advanced study and research.
- Its primary aim was to impart education - literary, scientific and technical on national lines exclusively under national control.
The University has two specialized institutions affiliated to it:
- Institute of Business Management (managed by the National Council of Education, Bengal)
- J. D. Birla Institute